What happened to FF pricing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hatul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought my FF Pro 6 years ago from Leisurepro for $115, and now I don't see them listed there and they're more than two and a half times that on the Force Fin website. That's an enormous price difference. Also I notice no one is carrying them here in Orange County. What gives?

Adam

Last edited:
My guess is you got them on close-out when LeisurePro was selling off their remaining inventory after they were no longer going to be a Force Fin Dealer.
Consider yourself very lucky - currently used FF Pros sell for more than what you paid for your new ones.

I think Bob stopped using dealers when they were wanting "dating" to carry FFs and then since they were not a fast seller, they were wanting to return them for full credit.
Force Fins is a small company and really cannot provide those services that the big manufacturers routinely do. American made QUALITY just costs more $$$$ than cheap Chinese plastic junk.

Hatul, What happened?. Six years ago I could fill up my car's gas tank for $20.00. Now it cost over $60.00. Since our material cost on Poly-urethane systems has sky rocketed, and due to the lack of leadership in America, failing of our local bank, we are taking a new course of action. Thanks for your support, we are here to give the service Force Fin customers count on.

Hello Bob, Not sure if I understood. Are you saying Force Fins are now only available on the website? The dealer locator on the website does not seem to be working. Fortunately in my case I already have my fins, but somone shopping for fins may want to fit them in a store.

Adam

From what I understand there are only a few dealers that carry Force Fins anymore. Force Fins does offer a 30 day return policy - so that should allow anyone a chance to try them, if they want.

Hatul, I guess what I am venting about is the effect of the world economy and politics on product based business. In 2001 we had over 600 dealers. More than 50% of those have gone out of business. At the same time, our clients expressed an interest in buying products directly from us. We have a handful of committed dealers, who prefer to offer Force Fins to their customers. We honor this relationship, while at the same time, choose to develop our relationships directly with the end user like you. Thanks for your support and understanding.

Who? Me?

I already have almost enough. Foil Force, Pros, Flying, Hockey x 2, Only pair I will consider is the Excellerators, if Bob makes them in the new material.

Wife has Foil Force, Originals and a new pair of purple Excellerators (she is done :D ).

I have three Force Fin Pro yellow in Large. I lost one fin climbing up on the ladder, so I'm keeping the other in case I lose another. I tried switching to Apollo Bio Fins years ago but my feet hurt so went back to FF Pro. It's what I've used since starting diving in early 90's when Kirk from Stockton sold them. It's a little sad that the market for these fins has shrunk, and now people are always asking about my strange fins.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom