What happened to my post about diving in the DR?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey.... What the heck happened to my post???
I posted some questions just a couple of days ago about diving in the Dominican Republic...
I know it posted, because I saw it there shortly after posting... I checked back today, wondering why I hadn't received any feedback on it yet... And... I can't find the post anywhere...
I know I am not the most computer savy person, but I'm not that bad either... I am having the hardest time navigating this board since I've been back... What gives?

PLEASE HELP!

Eom

I can't find it either... are you sure it was on ScubaBoard that you posted it?

I didn't find it in the Moderator forum where bad posts go when they're pulled. It also would have showed up for me on a search of your posts even if it had been deleted from public view... The board was down for a few hours a few days (or so) ago, though I have no idea if any posts were lost when that happened.

I've moved this to Site Support, where Tech Admin or NetDoc will find it... maybe they'll have an idea what happened?

Meanwhile ~ feel free to post again...

Snowbear:
I can't find it either... are you sure it was on ScubaBoard that you posted it?

I'm sure it was ScubaBoard... Yes... I also recall seeing it among the list of posts while looking at the other forums... It was simply titled "Domincan Republic" I believe...

I didn't find it in the Moderator forum where bad posts go when they're pulled.

No way it could have been considered a "bad post"... All I did was ask a general question to all about diving the DR...
It also would have showed up for me on a search of your posts even if it had been deleted from public view...

I also searched my posts (after getting back on and not seeing it anywhere) and it was suddenly no longer listed there either...
The board was down for a few hours a few days (or so) ago, though I have no idea if any posts were lost when that happened.

Perhaps this is why... Big mystery! No biggie I guess... I will simply post the question again... I am curious is all... Wondering if I did something wrong mostly...
I've moved this to Site Support, where Tech Admin or NetDoc will find it... maybe they'll have an idea what happened?

Meanwhile ~ feel free to post again...

Will do...
Thanks...

There are only two people on the board with the ability to remove a post from the database entirely, and neither of us have done so (we have a nice little log that tells me what everyone does). Looking at your thread history I don't see any thread on the subject... was your post in response to someone else's thread or its own?

The last thread you seem to have started (besides this one) was over a year ago on 04-05-2004.

Tech Admin:
There are only two people on the board with the ability to remove a post from the database entirely, and neither of us have done so (we have a nice little log that tells me what everyone does). Looking at your thread history I don't see any thread on the subject... was your post in response to someone else's thread or its own?

It was a new thread, on its own... Not a big deal, really... I can simply post it again... I was simply curious as to what happened to it...

Tech Admin:

What a silly little mystery... No problem, I'll try again...
Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom