What happened to the ScubaPro Regulator Museum site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is an old thread (with pictures) worth reading:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...ator-museum-every-scubapro-reg-ever-made.html

Edit:

Here is a link to the Louisville Dive's Library:
http://s537.beta.photobucket.com/user/LouisvilleDive/library/Scubapro Regulator Museum

---------- Post added January 13th, 2013 at 09:31 PM ----------

From the manufactures forum:

This thread is about the SCUBAPRO Regulator Museum and it's original Web Site.

I started this regulator collection over 10 years ago with a friend. It was on display in Key Largo, FL at Ocean Divers for a number of years as it grew. Approximately 5 years ago it was moved to be displayed at Louisville Dive Center in Kentucky as an even larger, more complete collection. Last November, special display cabinets were constructed to display the updated collection (231 stages) at the DEMA Show in Las Vegas to kick off our 50th Anniversary year. Many industry professionals as well as some of the original engineers came by to view the history and timeline. The complete collection is now on display at SCUBAPRO's USA Office in El Cajon, CA for viewing by anyone who wishes.

(There is a similar collection based at the Italian factory which will be touring many of the European Trade Shows this year).

The original 'scubaproregulatormuseum.org' Web Site was in need of revamping, new photos, corrected information, and an overall more interactive look and feel. As part owner of this Web Site, I had it taken down since SCUBAPRO has offered, at their expense, to put up an all new Regulator History Web Site featuring the regulator collection. This new site is being designed and built in Italy and should be completed soon to include updated information, new photos, and an interactive application with more info about each particular model. This site will be linked to www.scubapro.com.

I am very proud of this collection; considered to be the most complete in the world. We will continue to assist our Technicians and customers worldwide with this historic data.

Last edited:
Any news on when/where this great site will be up again?

I love looking at all those regs. I'm about as far from El Cajon CAL as its possible to be and I can't see myself visiting the collection in person.

Any news on when/where this great site will be up again?

I love looking at all those regs. I'm about as far from El Cajon CAL as its possible to be and I can't see myself visiting the collection in person.

"The check is in the mail."

I am sure you will never see the complete site restored by Scubapro. And it would not surprise me if they never do anything with any of that old site. I am sure they will not repost the schematics which were on the old site. And I suspect they would just as soon have customers not realize how great many of there older discontinued regulator were as they tend to compete with modern gear they want to sell.

I suspect they would just as soon have customers not realize how great many of there older discontinued regulator were as they tend to compete with modern gear they want to sell.

Considering that their newest gear is nothing special they should promote the older regs so they can keep over charging for the new ones.

They (SP) actually have a nice collection of them "antiques". Wish the videographer had a steady hand...

[video=youtube;8kKJnNkxI2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kKJnNkxI2k&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Where was this filmed?

The callout says DEMA show 2012.
I think it's the same Harry that's at the Scubapro forum, and that he had ties with the museum.

I'm near El Cajon. I wonder if they'd be averse to somebody going in and taking some photos to host until their site is back up.

I'm near El Cajon. I wonder if they'd be averse to somebody going in and taking some photos to host until their site is back up.

Scubapro asked the host of the site to take down the website. It was not that the site's creator's decided they did not want to host the site anymore. The site went down without notice so people would not have a chance to back it up. Besides the photos of the regulators, the site also had parts diagrams.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom