What happens here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mislav

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
On one of my recent dives I've noticed this strange couple hanging together:

nudifish.jpg

It seemed as fish had pinned down that tiny nudi and wouldn't let it move. Either that or the nudi had glued the fish to itself. No one appeared to be feeding on the other, they simply stood there motionless. So, what happens there? Any ideas?

Oh, yeah, I apologize for the bad photo, but it's all I've got.

Our lab aquaria have fish and various invertebrates sitting together in weird positions all the time. Usually it's just random happenstance.

Benthic fish also tend to act like, uh... dillholes. I vote for the fish smushing down the invertebrate just so it could be a jerk.:wink:

LOL, Arch! Thanks!

archman:
Our lab aquaria have fish and various invertebrates sitting together in weird positions all the time. Usually it's just random happenstance.

Benthic fish also tend to act like, uh... dillholes. I vote for the fish smushing down the invertebrate just so it could be a jerk.:wink:

hahaah

Right underneath that goby's head - a tiny Janolus Cristatus.

Here's a better photo of a little guy, alas, not mine:
0302007.28.jpg

Back
Top Bottom