What have you seen underwater that you'll never forget?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I've shared this before... I doubt I'll ever forget that one.
Rick

love2godeep:
Wow! It's so awesome below the surface of the sea! I can never get enough of the undersea world!

And then, every once in a while, there's something so absolutely stunning that I can hardly believe I'm actually seeing it.

How about you? What have you seen underwater that you'll never forget? No, I don't mean the pod of naked lady snorkelers who cruised, oblivious, over your head. :54: I'm talking about some form of gorgeous, amazing, or otherwise unforgettable marine life that you saw from behind your mask.

Oh yes--where did you see it? And when?

I'm really a neophyte, so I'm sure my stories won't compare with yours. Yet maybe I'll get up my courage a post a few things here, myself. Every dive is a discovery, for sure!
Well-the first thing that comes tomind is bsck in 95 when my good friend,the late Dan Grenier just started diving the Northern Lau Islands in Fiji,spending 3 weeks with he and Bendito exploring those pristine waters-once spending 3 tanks in a row with a total of 12 16-20 ft mantas in a sea of white jellyfish,or ridinig train-ride currents in and out of the channels of the atoll with myriad schools of barracuda,huge dog-tooth-tuna,massive grouper(big enough to inhale you),sharks above and below,in front and behind-Greys, White-tips,Silver-tips,Oceanic White-tips....and then the hammer-heads appeared below at 180'-and ,well,you had to be there...Thanks for the companionship and adventures,Dan....Peace....Saildiver

love2godeep:
How about you? What have you seen underwater that you'll never forget? No, I don't mean the pod of naked lady snorkelers who cruised, oblivious, over your head. :54: I'm talking about some form of gorgeous, amazing, or otherwise unforgettable marine life that you saw from behind your mask.

Oh yes--where did you see it? And when?

Recently When I was diving in the Maldives I saw incredibly big shark. I am a regullar diver so I was not afraid of it but, really shocked. cos I havent see such a one before.

10ft manta ray gliding by 4 ft over my head, one of the most incredible things i have ever seen..65 ft down, and i have it on video...gotta love technology

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom