What if I needed to pee underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nuswhl:
To avoid the bends, we should drink some water between dives, right?
So what if I needed to pee underwater? Should I thumb the dive and go onboard or can I just.... you know, release underwater?
novice diver here, sorry if I broke some SB rules.

Just duck behind some coral. Remove your BCD and unzip like you were (hopefully) taught in OW.

Watch out for sharks :D

Agreeing with all that posted. It's a benefit of diving wet. When (and IF) you choose to go drysuit you will find some interesting answers to your original question. Very creative answers indeed.:wink:

Sea ya!

MOFNMOF #94

If you're diving in the PNW, there is nothing that can compare to the wonderful feeling of "letting it go". The smell later is bad, but I can deal with that. Peeing in a dry suit is not as wonderful. In fact it's pretty upsetting. Not that I would know.

Wetsuit? Just keep your booties under your suit, instead of outside... otherwise it all ends up in the booties

Howarde,

Either you have a bad wetsuit, or are just misinformed. Let's assume the latter.

A wetsuit is designed to trap a layer of water within it and has seals in key places to facilitate this action. If a liquid was added to the wetsuit it is unlikely that it would simply flow down, break the lower seals, and enter the booties.

If a diver has good trim it is unlikely it would flow down at all.

The liquid will stay in a good wetsuit until released by the diver. I have seen this done by divers tugging at their neck and arm seals mid-dive and "flushing" the fluid in question.

Everyone does it, except me.

-V

Let loose...you pay too much for dives to be distracted by your bladder. Just don't forget to flush :).

wet suit was the first piece of equipment I purchased. Now you know why LOL

Just let it go as needed.
* It's sterile
* It will be diluted by whatever wetness is in the suit
* Give it a good dunking rinse when you get home
* It is mopre likely to smell from rotting bioload (dead water organisims) and then you just need a good rinse or 2 with an enzyme treatment. So a search funk or stench in the Exposure Protection forum

Pete

That is a great question...........I'm sure the folks who keep the pool.....ahhh I mean ocean chemicals balanced take care of all of that. I'm just grateful the subject is just #1. I might add.......learn to NOT do it just as you exit the water. Your fellow divers on the boat wouldn't appriecate it after about 10 minutes. When in the ocean do as the fish do.

Vayu:
Wetsuit? Just keep your booties under your suit, instead of outside... otherwise it all ends up in the booties

Howarde,

Either you have a bad wetsuit, or are just misinformed. Let's assume the latter.

A wetsuit is designed to trap a layer of water within it and has seals in key places to facilitate this action. If a liquid was added to the wetsuit it is unlikely that it would simply flow down, break the lower seals, and enter the booties.

If a diver has good trim it is unlikely it would flow down at all.

The liquid will stay in a good wetsuit until released by the diver. I have seen this done by divers tugging at their neck and arm seals mid-dive and "flushing" the fluid in question.

Everyone does it, except me.

-V

I assume he was refering to when you get out off the water. THEN if your wetsuit is tucked into your booties (which just makes you look stupid anyway) the pee will flow down and fill your booties, like normal water would do if you tucked the wetsuit in. So this is another reason. Don't tuck it in!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom