What if

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justanotherdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
what if
What if i saw a member profile claiming to be a Marine and I don't think he was?
Just wondering.
My dad is a marine and it pisses me off.

kiaran

I understand your frustration. That bothers me a lot too when I see it. However, at the end of the day, its still the internet, and there are a lot of things that are not right about it. Dont let it bother you... someday, that person will make a mistake, and his or her true colors will come out. :)

It bothers me because I think i know the guy and it insults my families service. That's all.
Isn't that like fraud?

Kiaran

Ok, if he is impersonating being something he never was. Yes, we will be able to tell, and we do not take lite of it at all.

Nothing can take away from the honor of those that have served.

Anyone who claims false credentials will eventually lose whatever false respect they may have gained.

Kiaran,

We run into them all the time. Now that it's long past and gone, it's kinda "cool" to be a Viet Nam veteran. Posers are popping up all over the place.

If you're ever engaging in a thread wherein the poser is active, just ask questions such as:

Where did you take your basic training
What was your class number
What was your MOS (or specialty, rating or whatever)
Where did you serve and what years
What outfit did you serve with

If they say they can't remember or "it's classified" the probability is extremely good that the person is a poser.

Just know them for what they are, liars, cheats, and in my opinion, cowards.

the K

what if
What if i saw a member profile claiming to be a Marine and I don't think he was?
Just wondering.
My dad is a marine and it pisses me off.

kiaran

Many members of my family have put on a uniform in service to this country and I do understand your feelings. What bad karma a lier like that must have! I believe that what you put out will come back to you times three. So IF that person is lying, they will get caught.

hmmm...
Ok, and you saw this profile where? I hope they didn't post in our little area of the board. I think I feel a case of PTSD coming on. I think that when they are discovered and they will be that if on this board they should be put on vacation or better yet banished. Many moons ago when I let my mouth/fingers override my brain I was put on vacation. But I think this merits more than a vacation in my eyes. IMHO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom