what is cold H2O?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Rick if you want to get in some real warm water diving head for Alki... 54F yesterday... I don't think I could stand water much hotter!

Ya bunch of nutcases! Coldest I have dove was 60 wearing a 3 mil suit, no gloves, no hood. It was 76 at the surface but we hit a thermocline at about 25' that 'bout froze a few appendages off. Needless to say, I put a little more thought into my thermal attire before diving a new site these days.

Unkie, I would invite you to come try that 60 degree water to see if it broiled ya, but the Game Warden that was waiting for us when we surfaced wasn't too happy about our new found swimmin' hole and advised us not to return. <sheepish look>

Dive often, Dive safe

John

Originally posted by Cave Diver
Ya bunch of nutcases!
John, what you don't see in our profile picture is the little yellow bottle of secret sauce hiding behind the 70' deco bottle....

Some might think that it only has a placebo effect while others know the truth.... the science of it just dosn't matter if it keeps you warm :wink:

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

John, what you don't see in our profile picture is the little yellow bottle of secret sauce hiding behind the 70' deco bottle....

DON'T DRINK FROM THE YELLOW BOTTLE!

Oh wait, that's supposed to be "Don't eat the yellow snow"

Ya, I know about the warming effect of the yellow bottled stuff on you drysuit diver's. Unfortunately I am still diving wetsuits (I dont do enough cold water diving to pony up the $$$ for a dry suit yet) and I will hafta rely on the warming properties (ick) of the other yellow stuff. So far I aint been that cold to need the liquid heat exchanger, but never say never!

Dive often, Dive safe

John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom