What is Saba like for new divers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Again it depends on the comfort level of the diver. Most of Saba 's dive sites can be done as a deep or shallower dive, the exception being the Pinnacles.
Surface conditions can be rough but if you don't waste time on the surface it's a none issue, as for the Pinnacles it tends to be rougher and currents can be unpredictable, none on the surface and mack 5 on the bottom and vice versa.
Who we take to the Pinnacles is based on experience and comfort level, if you don't want deep dives you are put on a non Pinnacle boat.
Great chance to do an Deep Adventure dive where you are 1 on 1 with an insturctor for your first deep dive.
Saba is wonderful and the people are so kind.

Thanks, everyone for your thoughtful and helpful responses! To clarify, my friend, who learned how dive in Sept., 07, did around 25 dives in Curacao last April, when he received his AOW. His wife has not done any additional dives since Sept., 07.

morecowbells, have a great trip to Curacao! Where are you staying?

all the best, alashas honeymoon2's photos- powered by SmugMug

We will be staying at All West. Keep us posted on wherever you decide to go. All I have to say is that Saba will be completely different from anywhere you have been before.

Thanks, again for your additional information that is very helpful and much appreciated!

morecowbells, please give my regards to Andreas, Tuki, Tanya, Ruud, and all of the great folks at Ocean Encounters West. Be sure to enjoy a great meal or two at Sol Food Curacao Sunshine - Rental Property on the Island of Curacao and please give a big hug to Sunshine and David, our wonderful hosts on Curacao last April!

safe travels, alashas

We spent a week on Statia and then a week on Saba. The Saba diving was a little more challenging but both locales were great diving. Plenty of variety in dive locations. Dive Saba folks were pretty good, but a little demanding while the Golden Rock folks on Statia were quite accomedating, their boat was smaller and they could tailor dives for us better.

I would go back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom