What is the best way to carry all the gear??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well..
I do mostly 2 tank trips. When I was at university, I labored for a block mason. I learned it was better to balance the load when carrying in my hands. So..I use a shoulder or back pack gear bag for my kit while carrying a tank in each hand.

But in my world, if I am not diving off a boat in a backyard, I pull up to the dock in my vehicle, drop my ****, park my car then board the boat.:D

I like the idea of porters..but lacking that I stuff my dive gear into my truck using stanley boxes and have mesh bags for the wet stuff post dive. When going onto a boat i put my stuff together and then have a big akona mesh bag for the rest.

Find a dive charter that has 'concierge' service. You drop all your gear off at the curb and they take all the gear to the boat for you.

I use XS Scuba mesh back pack with wheels. When carrying weights, they go in the bottom, everything else then gets packed on top. Still won't accomodate the tank so grab the tank in one hand and wheel the back pack with the other.

You can get a dolly specially designed for scuba tank and beach, then weights and tank go on dolly then attach back pack and off you go.

I carry tanks like this: right hand the knob points in front of me and in my left hand it points behind me. This causes the natural motion of lift to turn the valve off rather than on. If they slip a little the tanks dont blast air.

On my back goes a big mesh bag with all the rest of my gear and my backpack.

Locally I dive my Faber HP100 singles so never have any weight belts or weights to carry. If I am in blue water with an AL80 I only use 6lbs with my AL backplate. Two three lb weights are hardly noticeable in my bag.

If it's a tec dive all the above goes out the window...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom