What is the coolest thing you have seen underwater in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

May I say that this is the best thread ever?!! (except, possibly the "best places to eat" thread) Thanks everyone for sharing.

Keep 'em coming.

With Christy at Canterell last March.

Cozumel_March_2010_130.jpg

Cozumel_March_2010_122.jpg

Cozumel_March_2010_119.jpg

I had a cool dolphin encounter a few years ago with Dressel divers at San Francisco, a pod of 10 or so stayed around us for a few minutes, I have a video of it somewhere? Lot's of fun to be had at this great place!

Nice shots! I saw the squadrons with Christy in March too but wouldn't you know my camera picked that exact time to start being cantankerous so no pics for me. :shakehead:

Ok if we're going to post pics, I'll use thumbs - click to look but my skills leave much to be desired. I did not carry a camera the day I saw the eel working with the shrimp :sad: ....

Courting Cowfish 2-02.JPG

The one time I wished I hadn't worn my jumpsuit as I couldn't moon Coz 3-2009-022.JPG

Coz 3-2009-024.JPG Coz 3-2009-042.JPG

I was worried about her getting a ladder scratch! Coz 3-2009-104.JPG Coz 3-2009-105.JPG

I know you said underwater, but lunch at Blue Angel is fun: Coz 3-2009-198.JPG

Ok if we're going to post pics, I'll use thumbs - click to look but my skills leave much to be desired. I did not carry a camera the day I saw the eel working with the shrimp :sad: ....

I know you said underwater, but lunch at Blue Angel is fun: View attachment 81066
I have a question about this picture but I can't come up with an appropriate way to phrase it.

Here's a couple of interesting sights...
The shark and the eel sharing a casa..... I had to see it to believe it.
Looks like the eel is smiling...:D
The sea horse was in the construction rubble behing the Cozumel Resort, shore dive.

054_54.jpg (420.8 KB) March 08 Cozumel 053.jpg (411.5 KB)

Attachments

• 054_54.jpg
    054_54.jpg
    420.8 KB · Views: 57
  • March 08 Cozumel 053.jpg
    March 08 Cozumel 053.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 73
I was doing a shore dive off of Blue Angel a couple years ago, and ran accross my first Sharp Tail eel.

He happened to be swimming along the bottom at the same speed and same direction as the current, so I just let myself float, moving backwards mind you, along with this little guy. Trying to get a decent pic with the bright light reflecting off the white sandy bottom, we couldn't have been at 25'.

All of a sudden he nose dives into a small crab hole and begins feeding on whatever was down there! Feeding behavior is not always easy to find, so it's pretty cool when it just drops in your lap like that...out of 4 pics I took of the eel, the one with him down the hole came out the best...
Sharptaileelfeed.jpg

I have a question about this picture but I can't come up with an appropriate way to phrase it.

Umm, tattoo?

I was using a simple, Canon point & shoot camera on auto Outdoor settings. Easy shot.
Nice bags? LOL
You know, many don't notice the sand bags or wonder why I shot them, but if you have ever walked out or in on the ironshore there, you'd appreciate the bags the new owners put out for shore divers and students now. I didn't get much of the kayaks now supplied in the pic. Wish I had practiced there before I did the rapids in one last June. :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom