What is the coolest thing you have seen underwater in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Batfish are some of the stangest creatures down there. I love when they open their mouths and it's that brilliant red.

Which Pedro?

Pedro Pablo

Attachments

• CIMG1180-1.jpg
    CIMG1180-1.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Mola mola off the wall of Tormentos some 12 years ago.
Coolest thing not seen, hammerhead swimming through our group of divers on Maricibo (never saw it, back was turned) but saw the photo later.

Pedro Pablo

That's what I thought. Pedro Pablo is a great guy. When I moved here I had a 27ft off-shore power boat and Pedro was usually the Captain when my wife and I would dive alone. He was an excellent Captain, but got bored sitting in the boat all day and became a DM. I have been friends with Pedro Pablo for at least 18 years. When I met him he had hair down to his shoulders and looked like the guitarist in Tito and the Tarantulas. A truly sweet dude & good friend. He is the best!

That's what I thought. Pedro Pablo is a great guy. When I moved here I had a 27ft off-shore power boat and Pedro was usually the Captain when my wife and I would dive alone. He was an excellent Captain, but got bored sitting in the boat all day and became a DM. I have been friends with Pedro Pablo for at least 18 years. When I met him he had hair down to his shoulders and looked like the guitarist in Tito and the Tarantulas. A truly sweet dude & good friend. He is the best!

Can't wait to ask him about his long hair on our next trip. :D

The guy in the sunglasses?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/488659/Tito++Tarantula.jpg

Can't wait to ask him about his long hair on our next trip. :D

Well, now that you mention it....:)...yes, I am interested as well. Pedro has on occasion during our trips captained for BlueXT Sea. His skills with the boat as well as divemaster are fantastic on top of the fact that he is truly a wonderful person. So, in keeping with the original theme of this thread. Another cool thing in Cozumel...Pedro Pablo !!!:yelclap:

I like it!

During the 45 plus trips (3-4 trips a year since 1993) we have taken to Cozumel, I have seen:
1. A very large Hammerhead at Barracuda
2. Once upon a time in Cozumel, there were very large schools of Groupers on most dives when the Dive Masters were feeding them. Saw a lady letting air out of her BC and holding her finger up while letting out the air. A huge grouper darted over to her finger and bit the crap out of her finger. Apparently he/she thought it was food being held out for the taking.
3. Lola (huge green Moray) biting some dumb ass that stuck his hand in her face
4. Back in the 90's and early 2000's you saw dozens of lobsters on every dive. When we were diving at Cederal I saw the biggest lobster I have every seen anywhere. It was the size of a Beagle dog...honest!!!!
5. Dolphins swiming down the side of Santa Rosa wall. There were 4 of them and they were headed South at a high rate of speed. Once they saw us they shot a quick U-Turn and came and checked us out and then headed South again. Pretty cool.

Missed:
5. Missed the Ferry being held up mid channel between Cozumel and Playa. Apparently, they through the captain in the water because he didn't cooperate with them.

Back
Top Bottom