What is the current water temp in Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

During my 5 days in coz last month my computer read 79-80 the whole time. I was comfortable in a 3mm full suit with hooded vest doing 3-4 dives per day. Others on the boat seemed fine with 3mm shorties ans skins until the day we had a mini-Norte. It was very windy and overcast and the people in shorties looked uncomfortably cold getting back on the boat.

I was there a couple of Januaries ago, and IME the more neoprene you have covering your body when you get out of the water and a cool wind is blowing and the humidity is low, the colder you will be. Get that rubber off you and a dry towel on you ASAP.

She should be fine. Instead of a 3m full go to ebay and get a 1m beanie. I just got one and used it in Coz 2 weeks ago along with my 3m shorty. It did make a difference, I felt warmer. Unlike my bald head it will also keep her hair under control. I paid 13.39 free shipping and it is worth it.

Tilos 1MM NEOPRENE BEANIE Meduim - New - Scuba Diving - eBay (item 150222422948 end time May-03-08 12:15:12 PDT)

I am thinking about ordering the beanie for my outta control hair...does it bother your ears at all? Sometimes my ears are a bit slow to clear...thanks!

I am thinking about ordering the beanie for my outta control hair...does it bother your ears at all? Sometimes my ears are a bit slow to clear...thanks!

The Beanie you refer to works well for hair control. Also, for me, wearing it does not make any difference in clearing ears one way or the other. SS

Heat the end of a paper clip and melt a little round hole over each ear. That will prevent you trapping a pocket of air in your ear. And also a hole right at the peak of your head, so you don't get that conehead thing going when your exhaust bubbles find their way into the beanie.

Go to Cozumelinsider.com they post the weather conditions everyday. Today is below. Enjoy your trip, we will be there in July!

Weather Conditions for Thu Apr 24 2008
Topside: Sunny with Clouds
Winds: Light & Fresh Breeze
Avg. Daytime Temp: 90 F
Avg. Nighttime Temp: 78 F
Water Surface: Calm With Cats Paws
Water Temp: 79 F
Underwater Visibility: 150 feet
Port Status: Open for All Watercraft and Activities

Go to Cozumelinsider.com they post the weather conditions everyday. Today is below. Enjoy your trip, we will be there in July!

Weather Conditions for Thu Apr 24 2008
Topside: Sunny with Clouds
Winds: Light & Fresh Breeze
Avg. Daytime Temp: 90 F
Avg. Nighttime Temp: 78 F
Water Temp: 79 F
Underwater Visibility: 150 feet
Port Status: Open for All Watercraft and Activities

They've been saying water temp is 79 for awhile. Every year I've been there in early May, water temp has been 82-83. Others in this thread have also said they've seen 81 recently. Just wondering if this is updated regularily.

What does this mean??

They've been saying water temp is 79 for awhile. Every year I've been there in early May, water temp has been 82-83. Others in this thread have also said they've seen 81 recently. Just wondering if this is updated regularily.

And can you really believe the 150' viz?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom