What is the funniest or craziest thing you witness underwater?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What is the funniest or craziest thing you have witness underwater not only talking funny but something you saw that was also plain stupid.

Um... other divers, of course! One example was a diver on our boat that insisted on doing the bicycle kick back to the dive boat. In the time it took for him to get back (almost no forward progress), I could have swum the English Channel. Of course I filmed it.

One of my friends was trying to get a macro shot of an octopus when the octopus decided he wanted the framer. The ensuing tug-o-war had me laughing so hard I almost spit out the regulator. :D
Rick

The overweight german divers wearing 5 mil wetsuits during a dive in Cozumel in late June was pretty funny. Nobody gets that cold.

Howard in pink! I know we're on the surface in the pic, but this was funny. During the dive my mask was leaking badly because I kept laughing...

Sorry Howard, had to post this one again.....is that Dr Bill on the left?hehe:)

P1010002-1.jpg

Watching this mouthy new English instructor get tore apart by about 8 Titan tiggerfish off Shark island, Koh Tao, Thailand. Shoulda listened to my briefing!

I had an overweight student that needed a lot of lead to sink. i was towing her back to the boat after the first dive. She was too exausted to swim. The boat DM decided to help out. He snorkled over, and thought that he should take her weight belt. Before I could warn him he was on the bottom in 25' of water wondering what had happened.

Dave Zimmerly:
Watching a newb applying anti-fog to the inside and outside of his mask.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

I'd be impressed to see a "newb" applying anti-fog to his mask underwater.

After completing a cave dive at Jackson Blue in Mariana, FL, I noticed a guy in swimming shorts in the cavern area on the ceiling. He was moving around so I knew he wasn't dead. A friend took a photo.

Turns out the guy was in there with a snorkel only, and had his snorkel stuck in a small pool of air on the ceiling. That pool of air cave from divers' exhausted bubbles.

I didn't see any beer cans in his pockets, so I can only assume he left them on shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom