What Is The Most Important Piece Of Gear You Can Buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

P valve, followed by a drysuit.

edit: I see Doc beat me to it.

I'd go along with the exposure suit first, especially if it is going to be a wetsuit. Assuming you work with a good rental shop, the rest of the gear will work but this is the one item you really want to fit correctly and comfortably. I do have to agree with a previous post that my good LED light has also been a great tool.

P valve, followed by a drysuit.

I did it the other way around ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Im a bit of a latecomer to this thread.

Heres my take:

A CAR OR TRUCK, you can have all the gucci kit you need but if you have no way of getting the crap to the dive site, then whats the point??

Oh other than that, decent regulators!

THE REGULATOR won't do you any good scubadiving if you don't have breathing gas.

:D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

If you will note, I said, "Excluding a tank, . . ."

the K

My coure director was testing a P-valve, and he wore it under a suit while he went to give a public speach. Said it worked. Guess a P-valve would be a good investment even if you don't dive. Especially if you have prostate issues and keep going and going and going (I love that commercial)

start with a wonderful wife who will let you buy your gear in the first place...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom