What is the Screw Wreck?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Radford - not to bad. Has some nice Monk fish

Blenny - loaded with Flounder

Marine Electric - AWESOME....and...teases you with virtually unattainable portholes all over the place

TONS of great wrecks there!

Hvoslef - Awesome

Lots of great diving in that area...............

Radford - not to bad. Has some nice Monk fish

Blenny - loaded with Flounder

Marine Electric - AWESOME....and...teases you with virtually unattainable portholes all over the place

TONS of great wrecks there!

Hvoslef - Awesome

Lots of great diving in that area...............

How often do these dives get blown out? A lot of people that I know have attempted to book those dives but they got blown out and still ended up paying for the hotel etc.

How often do these dives get blown out? A lot of people that I know have attempted to book those dives but they got blown out and still ended up paying for the hotel etc.

Just like everything else in the NE - its all hit or miss with weather windows. Its all over the map on best time to try.....BUT - when the winds start to shift towards the fall and more often come out of the NE - we seem to lose a higher % of diveable days. June and July are probably your best bets if you are playing the odds.

That being said - some years we have diveable days all year. Sometimes we get hit with a storm and knock out the rest of the year (last year)

Last year over the 4th of July I moved my boat south (from Cape May to OCMD)to the same marina as Ted Green for a 4 day trip(Im a private boat - he is a charter and probably the best in that area although there are others that are great) - and we had 4 straight flat calm days! We ran my boat and it was a great trip!

Most of those wrecks I hit from Cape May - but the Blenny, Marine Electric, and a few others are better to hit from there.

I know this is an OLD thread - but, last year while I had the boat in OCMD for a week, we dove the screw wreck (Actual question starting this thread). I cant comment if the conditions on that wreck we saw were typical or not, but we had 50-70 ft of vis, virtually unlimited sea life everywhere, and it was a beautiful dive. We intended on doing one and moving and the crew voted to stay for two. GREAT wreck. We'll probably hit it again next year when we head down to OCMD with the boat. On the flip side, the next day we dove the Marine Electric had zero vis which was unexpected as the last few times we dove it, the wreck was spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom