What is the story with Rebreather Forum?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bdog94tiger01

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
All,

I signed up for Rebreather Forum back in April and even paid the $50 annual fee. To date, I still can't access any of the forums or content on the site. I have repeatedly reached out to see what to do. Can anyone give any insight on how to access the forums?

Is that on ScubaBoard, or RebreatherWorld -- which has a problem as the owner's, errm, not free to deal with the forum.

Sorry for the confusion. Yes I meant on the RebreatherWorld website. Not the forum here..

Alas RebreatherWorld is no more. The owner -- if he was in the UK at least -- is spending time at His Majesty's Pleasure.

The other rebreather forum, CCRExplorers is basically dying on its back through lack of postings. Literally a couple per month.

There's far more postings on here than all the others put together.

(You might want to create a post in the Intro's forum to give a little background as you're new around here)

Yeah, owner of rebreatherworld is currently in jail. Not entirely sure what's happening with the site. Who did you pay $50 to?

Thanks for the heads up guys.. Oh well, guess my $50 will help pay into the prison commissary.. ;-)
Might be able to look into credit card protections depending on which card you bought it with.

Yeah, owner of rebreatherworld is currently in jail. Not entirely sure what's happening with the site. Who did you pay $50 to?
There is a whole thread on it New charges for Sotis (Add helium)and Emilie Voissem (Nexus Underwater)

They were good forums a few years back. They were bought up in the expansion as the shop grew. The other good forum bought up was Thedecostop. The forums ran on auto pilot for some time, then broke. Finally dissappearing. Sucks because it was a great source.

CCR Explorers is hanging on. Don't know how. The ads on the site have dates to events planned for 2018. If someone posts up a question it actually gets answered fairly quick. There are still a fair number of people who check up on it, just not creating new posts.

Leaves this site and facebook, and facebook blows worse than open circuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom