What is the TUSA equivalent to SP MK17

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubapro has an update kit for all of the Mk 16s that updates them internally to Mk 17 status with a new seat/seat carrier and orifice. The Mk 11 is an unsealed Mk 17, or in other words the equivalent of the a Mk 16 with an extra high pressure port. But in essence after you upgrade a Mk 16, the Mk 11, Mk 16 and Mk 17 all have identical performance.

Does that internal retrofit also work on MK18 first stages, essentially resulting in MK17 performace with a turret?

I was considering the TUSA as I feel like the scubapro maintence parts are exhobrently high! Thus I figured getting the TUSA equivelent to an MK17 might be a good route and save on maintence in the future.

I just bought my scubapro Reg and was told by my dealer that maintenance parts are free for life....he said he gets reimbursed for the kits he uses by scubapro....all i have to pay for is labor....might be something to look in to

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom