What is wrong with scuba board???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dolesorchard

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have been having a really hard time viewing scuba board for the past two days. It is not my computer or browser, as everything else is working fine. Some pages take five minutes to load, some won't load at all. I have also gotten several warnings that viewing scuba board may harm my computer and once scuba board wanted to run some software. What is going on??

Scubaboard does not download or run any software. I've had not problems with it loading or viewing pages. It's possible you've picked up a virus from somewhere.

Doing some research based on the report by another user I've found the following info:

Source: Kaspersky Lab Forum > HEUR: TROJAN.Script.Iframer
Welcome. A new heuristic detection mechanism for malicious scripts was released, so there may be false positives and/or increased detection. Please send such to the Lab, instructions located in third Important pinned topic at top of this forum page; instead of posting live, possibly questionable links on the forum.

If anyone experiences problems, please try to include the error message so that it can be reviewed.

This is being generated by Kaspersky Anti Virus Program. If you use something different identify your platform and AV program as well please.

In the last week, I've had two infections occurring as I was browsing Scubaboard, one at work, one at home. These were different, but were both of the type where a window pops up and says you are infected, starts a trojan scan, asks if you want to start antivirus software, which of course I did not. Both of these kept me from starting things like MalwareByes and even the Task Manager. I was able to get rid on the one at work with a single MalwareBytes scan, started in safe mode, after getting the latest update (earlier update didn't fix the problem). The one at home took at least a second scan, where it found a single item; started another scan as I left for work.

Related to SB, or just coincidence?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom