What Is Your Best Drysuit Rack

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sassyalice

Oracle
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
... looking for a DIY or even a Store bought if I have to. I have seen one idea on here and wondering what others are using out there now?
I will have space for a small room for a drying room indoors 12'x6' and am wanting to hang/store my suits right in one place. I would really appreciate some unique/FUNky ideas. TYIA :D

P.S any pics would be appreciated and helpful.

This is more of a wash and drying rack but you can make anything out of pvc.

Here is what I made and here is the website that I got the idea from. I added the pipe for the boots and fins.

Wet Suit Drying Rack

Mine does not have all the screw in male/female ends just because of the cost, which was about $50, that the guy on the website did. You can use anything from 1 1/2" to 2", that just your preference.

I keep mine in a hallway bathtub that we do not use. Its covered by the shower curtain so the boss is not yelling at me. I did not glue it together incase I need to disassemble it. It is strong enought to hold all items wet.

When I need to wash the items I pull it out of the tub then fill the tub and wash everything then put the rack back into the tub and hang everything up and turn on the shower and rinse. Seems to work ok.

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 1,401
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 3,301
  • IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 1,754
Last edited:
... looking for a DIY or even a Store bought if I have to. I have seen one idea on here and wondering what others are using out there now?
I will have space for a small room for a drying room indoors 12'x6' and am wanting to hang/store my suits right in one place. I would really appreciate some unique/FUNky ideas. TYIA :D

P.S any pics would be appreciated and helpful.

since it's a drysuit, any moisture in it will just drop down into the feet if you hang it regular. So make it so you can hang it upside down by the feet.

like this

images
images

You can buy hangers to hang them upside down or made your own out a a piece of plywood.

images
images

Then if you want it to dry quickly fix a way so that you can run some air into it via PVC pipe or flex vaccum cleaner hose. Moving air through it will dry it out a lot quicker

Here's a thread of how someone here did it. Fan is the black box in the bottom right corner of the rack.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/dui/312855-drysuit-dryer-w-pics-any-comments-dui.html

DSD-3.jpg

I would like to combine the two units more. More arms and support posts. My LDS has told me that hanging a dry suit over time will stretch the suit a little so I am thinking of a laydown rack .... are there any? Any Ideas? Or will the extra support arms prevent that?

I would like to combine the two units more. More arms and support posts. My LDS has told me that hanging a dry suit over time will stretch the suit a little so I am thinking of a laydown rack .... are there any? Any Ideas? Or will the extra support arms prevent that?

huh? laydown rack?

not sure that will dry it unless you lay it down horizontally and put some PVC pipes in it to space it out and circulate air in it. Otherwise you don't need a rack to lay it down.

yes it might stretch over time, but if you buy a decent hanger it distributes the weight better. Does storing it folded it do it any better having folds and creases in it?

You dont' have to store it "hung". You can always hang it for 1-2 days to dry it and then store it however you want. then you don't have long term worries about hanging it.

i made one for our 2 dry suit with open top (90 degree) and a fan for pushing air in it ( bathroom fan) the fan is enought to inflate the drysuit a bit, and dry them quickly

since i don't have enought post to put picture. i can send it by email to someone so they can put them?

i will take picture tonight (winter there so in storage mode, not shinny ;-) )

here we go!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,276
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 859
Heres one my wife made

Attachments

• IMG_1511.JPG
    IMG_1511.JPG