What is your fascination with Harry Potter?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nereas:
Arent these movies just more of "lord of the rings"?

Isnt this just fantasy entertainment for pre-pubescent kids?

How can anyone old enough to certify in scuba be interested in all this?
:popcorn:

CoolTech:
No...

No...

A troll in the dungeon!

Your brief conclusions without any support don't hold any water (no pun intended).

My 3 questions remain unanswered.

I would expect certified scuba divers to be more interested in reading books about scuba, not fantasies about castles and dragons etc.

nereas:
Arent these movies just more of "lord of the rings"?

Isnt this just fantasy entertainment for pre-pubescent kids?

Well, maybe when you can explain to us the reason Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley are aptly named; where the name Sirius Black fits in with astrology, and how the author continually used similar references throughout all her books, maybe you'll get it.

Or, three pages of intelligent people discussing their interest in the books didn't convince you?

nereas:
I would expect certified scuba divers to be more interested in reading books about scuba, not fantasies about castles and dragons etc.
Thou shall have no other leisure activities than scuba... :shakehead

Here's a pic for you...
Cave_Troll.jpg

Dragon alley. Indeed.

I am more interested in why Gary Gentile and Jarrod Jablonski disagree on so many technical scuba issues.

I saw the previews for the Potter films, and they just seem too pre-pubescent to merit much adult attention, other than taking your pre-teens or grandchildren to the movies with you, to keep them off the streets, before they are old enough to certify in scuba themselves.

And you might re-read what I wrote. Dragon Alley wasn't what I wrote. If you're not intelligent enough to get a basic play on words, then, no, you won't get much out of her writing.

Note I've said nothing of the movies; any movie inspired from a book is going to loose a great deal of the literary portions involved.

And, frankly, what Gary Gentile and Jarrod Jablonksi have to say on diving has no interest for me either. You might want to go hunt down the DIR forum instead.

nereas:
Your brief conclusions without any support don't hold any water (no pun intended).

My 3 questions remain unanswered.

Your three statements without support make your post a troll post in a thread that is about the book and spoilers from the book... Hence El's popcorn eating smiley... Since this is actually off topic of the thread, I choose to no longer engage this line of posting...

Have a nice day!

nereas:

if you watch more than half an hour of television a day, you can't diss people who read LOTR and Harry Potter :mooner:

Back
Top Bottom