What is your favorite dive gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rec Kit
Mares Vector 1000 BCD
Mares Ruby Regs
Mares Quatro Fins
Mares Opera Mask
Uwatec AirX Computer
100Cft Faber Steel Tanks

Deep Kit
DiveRite BP and Tek Wings BCD
PoseidonJetstream Odin
Mares Quatro Fins
Mares Opera Mask
Uwatec AirX Nitrox Computer
11.5Lt Faber Steel Tanks
5Lt Pony
Apollo DrySuit

ScubaPro S-Tek BC w/ RecTek Wings
Mares Quatro Fins
ScubaPro Fino Mask
Uwatec SmartCom Computer
ScubaPro 7mm Steamer Wetsuit

And you will have to pry the following piece of gear from my cold dead fingers as I will NEVER dive without it:

Poseidon Odin/Jetstream Reg

Omicron once bubbled...
ScubaPro S-Tek BC w/ RecTek Wings
Mares Quatro Fins
ScubaPro Fino Mask
Uwatec SmartCom Computer
ScubaPro 7mm Steamer Wetsuit

And you will have to pry the following piece of gear from my cold dead fingers as I will NEVER dive without it:

Poseidon Odin/Jetstream Reg

on the Poseidon Odin, own two myself. For older technology they are amazing. One dive several years back, two of use were giving a diver on the surface a "bubble bath", by purging our regs below him. Several minutes later when we where on shore i noticed the first stage was completely encapsulated in about a 1/4" of ice. We had to chip the ice off to remove them from the tank. Odin's don't know the meaning of "freeflow!"

on the Poseidon Odin, own two myself. For older technology they are amazing. One dive several years back, two of use were giving a diver on the surface a "bubble bath", by purging our regs below him. Several minutes later when we where on shore i noticed the first stage was completely encapsulated in about a 1/4" of ice. We had to chip the ice off to remove them from the tank. Odin's don't know the meaning of "freeflow!"

Agreed
You can have your fancy pants Apeks
the Poseidon Jetstream is still the reg of Choice for V Deep and V Cold Diving. I have not needed to service mine since I purchased them 4 years ago, and it still gives me more air than any other reg I have ever put in my mouth.

Cheers
Chris
PADI MSDT
http://homepage.mac.com/sydney_diver

There are many different masks, regulators, and sutis that I like. However, there are two things I will NEVER give up. My Halcyon Explorer wings, and my ScubaPro Jet Fins with springs straps.

Hi hi,

3 things i cannot ever do without now. Everything else is replaceable.

1) My dive computer-suunto stinger
2) A reliable regulator-poseidon jetstream
3) AND A NICE COMFY WEIGHT BELT!!!!!!!

Cheers guys

Hmmm....

On piece I could never do without was my 1982 vintage Suunto wrist compass with the yellow strap...until it was crushed last year by my buddies falling tank :( It had been on every dive with me since I bought it new.

I saved the strap and swapped it for the black one on my new Suunto compass.

Other key items:
Scubapro Frameless Mask
Suunto SME-ML computer ( ok, ok..I upgraded to a Cobra last year, but it still works great!)
1974 US Divers Conshelf XII regulator - spotless!
AGA MkII mask with Buddy Phone - my new favorite

I'm sure I'll think of something else.
Tom

Two best: My canister light and my Scubapro Jetfins with spring straps

JamesK once bubbled...
There are many different masks, regulators, and sutis that I like. However, there are two things I will NEVER give up. My Halcyon Explorer wings, and my ScubaPro Jet Fins with springs straps.

agree with a bit of a twist.... pioneer wing along with turtle fins with the Halcyon spring heels.... i will never part...

Back
Top Bottom