What is your favorite dive in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Resort or dive operator: Aquatrek - and Beqa Lagoon Resort

General region: Beqa Lagoon

Dive site name and depth: Beqa Shark Dive - at "The Bistro" - 18 metres or so.

What made this dive extraordinary? 8 species of Shark - Silvertips to 3 m; Bull Sharks to 3.5 - heaps of White Tips and smaller Grey Reefies...and then a gorgeous 4 metre plus Toger Shark.

Other comments: Best soft coral pinnacles in Fiji - see Naigani Island near Ovalau in the Lomaiviti Islands.

I second this (really -- I love this dive). I especially like the Toger Shark! ;o)

Actually, there are several dive operators who service Beqa Lagoon. Of course, the resorts on Beqa have their own dive operations (Beqa Lagoon Resort and Lalati), as well as Royal Davui on Yanuca. In addition, there are several dive operators on Viti Levu that dive predominately or exclusively in Beqa Lagoon as well. The 2 most popular of these are Aqua Trek and Beqa Adventure divers. It is these 2 operations that run the Shark Encounter dives, on alternate days. The other operations that offer those dives liaise with one of these operators to do the dive, and there is generally an additional fee levied. There are also a couple of other Viti Levu based resorts that dive Beqa with their own dive operations, most notably Waidroka Bay. In any event, there are quite a few from which to choose.

I only dove off Nadi and Savusavu, but one of my favorites was snorkeling a bummie we were dropped off at on the way back to the Jean-Michel Cousteau resort. I had great fun in just a few feet of water... plenty of marine life and the colors were brilliant.

Unfortunately Kai Viti Divers is no longer operational, but you can still access the Bligh Water and Vatu-I-Ra dive sites with Wananavu Dive or the liveaboards like Nai'a.

Ra Divers is the dive op servicing Wananavu Resort now and they do go out to Bligh Waters.

robin:D

Actually, there are several dive operators who service Beqa Lagoon. Of course, the resorts on Beqa have their own dive operations (Beqa Lagoon Resort and Lalati), as well as Royal Davui on Yanuca.

Just should point out that Royal Davui is not on Yanuca, but actually on Davui island.....Yanuca is home only to Batiluva Surf camp and has no dive resorts. It is close to Frigate passage which offers one of the best waves in Fiji.

Actually, there are several dive operators who service Beqa Lagoon. Of course, the resorts on Beqa have their own dive operations (Beqa Lagoon Resort and Lalati), as well as Royal Davui on Yanuca. In addition, there are several dive operators on Viti Levu that dive predominately or exclusively in Beqa Lagoon as well. The 2 most popular of these are Aqua Trek and Beqa Adventure divers. It is these 2 operations that run the Shark Encounter dives, on alternate days. The other operations that offer those dives liaise with one of these operators to do the dive, and there is generally an additional fee levied. There are also a couple of other Viti Levu based resorts that dive Beqa with their own dive operations, most notably Waidroka Bay. In any event, there are quite a few from which to choose.
FIJI GUY these shark dives are they all day dives what kind of time line do they have

See my web site, but they are two tank dives so the first is the deepest at 60 to 70 ft and then 1.5 hour interval and back to 50 to 55 ft for the second tank! So it does take half a day!

Sorry papa i cant bring my self to watch all your video. i want to . but i dont want to spoil the surprise. should we buy kava root for the chief

YES! Ratu Kaila (SP) in Rakua is who you would give it too! You will make life time friends!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom