What is your favorite dive in Fiji?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you leave for the village ask the first person you see and tell them you want to great the Ratu and ask for them to introduce you! They will be glad to show you around and find the Ratu! Next no back packs on your back or hats in the village! You will be asked to join them for Kava and then the spokesman will talk for the Ratu and explain to you what is going on! Formally you are to speak to the Spokesman and not to the Ratu directly! After the formal part and the blessing of the kava you will be asked to have some! You may even be asked by the villagers to join a music season? It is a joy you will never forget, and then the Ratu will shake your hand and speak directly to you and this is a great honor! These are ways of life that are going away and should be enjoyed and honored!

All this and some of the best diving is part of making the entire Fiji dive experience so great!

Great video of the shark dive. Gives some sense of the size of the tigers sharks.
I haven't been there yet but Fiji is on my list for 2010.
Is there a best time to go?

When you leave for the village ask the first person you see and tell them you want to great the Ratu and ask for them to introduce you! They will be glad to show you around and find the Ratu! Next no back packs on your back or hats in the village! You will be asked to join them for Kava and then the spokesman will talk for the Ratu and explain to you what is going on! Formally you are to speak to the Spokesman and not to the Ratu directly! After the formal part and the blessing of the kava you will be asked to have some! You may even be asked by the villagers to join a music season? It is a joy you will never forget, and then the Ratu will shake your hand and speak directly to you and this is a great honor! These are ways of life that are going away and should be enjoyed and honored!

All this and some of the best diving is part of making the entire Fiji dive experience so great!
thanks so much for this great gem

The gift of kava is called Savusavu! You are heading for one of the best adventures in your life if you take the time to enjoy the whole experience! Have a great trip and post your report!

The above video was taken by Joeli of Beqa Island one of the founders of the Dive, if I am not mistaken? Here is one of mine of Princess!
[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/845792[/vimeo]

Afternoon after lunch, a couple hours at your time schedule and you my leave as you need to! If you have a chance church service are incredible! The singing is a show and is worth the effort, if you don't want to miss any diving ask about afternoon services! These people will blow your mind! Take some dollars so you can shop for cool stuff in the village as a few have a cottage industry going and have some nice stuff and your supporting the village! Look for my friend Amos he will be glad to show you around! He is the one on my left!

600_DSC00102-REED_FIREWALKER.jpg

Big smile and Mustache! Last house on walk way into village across from the church!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom