Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aquadyne

• Gladiator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own a 27, but the 37 is basically the exact same hat with a bigger shell. It fits my big melon a bit better. I love em both.

Sure your vote counts. As would any of the folks that just did a familurization dive in shallow water or in a tank. I think there is some group on the east coast or south U.S. that does a surface supplied dive day at some local lake every year.

I like the fit and reg on a 17 the neckdam off a 27
I always feel like the 27 is smashed in my face no matter how far back the adjustment in the dam is back
my tried and true absolute favorite.... DESCO I'll shout it from the rooftop almost, idiotproof
couple onces of listerine swirled 'round and its on the next contestant. however if I've been in it a whole day , sometimes I hear that tinny sqwauk of the comms when I'm trying to sleep....you know what I mean the charlie brown teachers voice ... waaa wa waaa wa waaa waaa

I'm Very partial to the km 37 and the 77 Rex models they breath very well and fit on my head very comfortably, Ive had the opportunity to dive a Savoie, quite a few times and would buy one if they weren't such relics, same with the millers due to the lack of serviceable parts, at least at a reasonable price. With that said ill just stick with my Rex, i don't see any reason to go replacing something perfectly good.

I owned a KMB-8 mask and an Aquadyne DMC-7 helmet when I was working. I have also tried both the Superlite 17 and the Miller 400. I liked the Miller best.

Ahhh... an older post resurrected, just what I've been looking for! :D

I usually wind up in my good old DESCO pot, though for doing inspections and in ice water the SLs are hard to beat. (warmer & quieter).
Anybody that's ever done a face plant in a pile of grout will very quickly become a DESCO fan though, cleanup 2 minutes vs. 45 on a hat with a reg.
I never had a chance to try out a Gorski; being a Cyklon fan makes them very appealing, not to mention they have so very few parts that need tending too.

It's good to see that KMB wound up making larger versions of the 27; my punkin is too big to fit in those, as well as the Miller.
I have to shave a hair off the foam pads in the DESCO's headband the way it is.

... Anybody that's ever done a face plant in a pile of grout will very quickly become a DESCO fan though, cleanup 2 minutes vs. 45 on a hat with a reg...

This reminds me when I asked an old-timer why they were still using heavy gear/spun copper in the late 1960s. His "Easily the least expensive to maintain and run" reply was hard to debate. It probably is still true today, though I wouldn't want to go back unless maybe it was a cold contaminated harbor running a jack hammer.

I did part of my training in a Mark 5. Once you get accustomed to using that system everything after that seems much easier.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom