Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aquadyne

• Gladiator

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Of the commercial diving deepsea diver helmets you have used, which was your favorite and what are compairing it to?

The Superlite. As it's the only helmet compatible with the Ultrajewel 601 Helium Reclaim unit for saturation diving. It's a proven workhorse. Perhaps it's because I've used one for such a long time and despite using many others, it's my preference. To me it's like the smell of old leather; something that I have confidence in. :)

Here's my favorite hat :D

giantscap.jpg

27 for sure. Haven't dove a 47 yet though. I hear the rex reg is superb. If it breathes as well as everyone says I may change my mind.

In the PSD forum they will be.

In this forum they probably will not.

In any other forum they are probably the most well known.

I love my KM37.

As for the other hats... I worked on all of the KM Helmets, including the band mask. I was trained at Dive Lab to service all of them. We also put the 47 with the Rex on the ANSTI machine and the performance of that reg was pretty astounding. Most of my dives are shallow, so we chose the 37 for our work. My boss got the KM37-SS which has the pods, so essentially, its any helmet, as you can change the regulator more easily than otherwise by just changing the pod.

The KMDSI FFMs are nice as well. I like the M48 but I also like the OTS Guardian. Its comfy, and easy to use with wireless comms when you need comms and have to swim around.

The boss also has a Swindel AH-2000 which I'm not interested in diving, since I can't clear without using a nose block.

With the Swindel we use to tape something soft on the inside lip of the hat where it screws to the yoke and you would press you nose down on it, or your upper lip. Yep, a bit getto.

With the Swindel we use to tape something soft on the inside lip of the hat where it screws to the yoke and you would press you nose down on it, or your upper lip. Yep, a bit getto.

John (the boss) just said he would just curl his lip up against his nose. I did some work to the Swindel, I put new comms in it, and replaced the neck dam for him. I may try it for the nostalgia of it all

That's a hard question. I have great affection of the Aquadyne DM-5, it was the first piece of commercial gear that I used and I still love the Darth Vader look. When it comes to a full hat, the SL-17 was love at first sight and the 27 just cemented the relationship. I have to admit that the one dive I made in a PIEL EP-300 was big fun, I loved the opening visor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom