What is your favorite shoe for scuba, and why are they Crocs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Favorite for what exactly? Crocs are hardly a great match with fins unless you forgot yours and are borrowing a pair that's two sizes too big.

I have been wearing Crocs around the house, garden, and to run errands in on a daily basis for the past 6months....while they are comfortable and easy to slip on, I have experienced that the anatomy of me feet has changed/relaxed such that my ski boots no longer fit comfortably. I know it's a champagne problem but based on my experience I would recommend against using Crocs as all-around loafers.

Crocs do make for a good choice of footwear before and after a dive, and for use on boat as they are non-marring. Other than that I can't see them as useful for diving.

-Z

Plusses:

They are somewhat comfortable. Fair on wet surfaces. You can't lose them (they float), and they just rinse out. They work as "slip-ons" as well as in "sport mode" with the heel strap.

Negatives:

I do however find them too hot...

Chacos! ideal surface shoe, perfectly adequate dive shoe, can put neoprene socks on for some extra warmth, can be worn with drysuit socks.
1677871741391.png

Keene sandals have been my go to for over a decade. Anything from hiking the hills (archery shoots in the Pennsylvania mountains) to walking the surf (beaches in Curacao) have been in my Keenes.

And they seem to last forever!

Crocs for the transition from streetwear to drysuit. Put the drysuit undergarments on, put the puffy drysuit socks on, and then slip on the oversized Crocs for moving about until I'm ready to don the drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom