What is your favorite Video editing Software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently started using Movie Maker 2, because I found out it is FREE in windows XP. It is pretty easy to use. I already finished a project without reading any instructions. It's that straight forward.

A friend gave me Nero 6 to burn DVDs, but that is editing software, also. I think I will stick with MM2, since it does what I need it to do and it is so simple to use.

The only serious package I use is Adobe Premiere. I'd be interested in trying out Vegas, AVID and a few others but the cost of one product is steep enough!

When I work on the cruise ships, I'm "forced" to use a Mac with iMovie which I really dislike. However Final Cut Pro is a fine product from what I've heard.

Dr. Bill

I use Adobe Premiere for several years now. It's a hard program to master, but the results are superb.

I use Final cut Pro most often (I'll admit to being a Mac user). That said I also have no problem with using Adobe Premiere. They both are great. I suspect you use a PC, and if you are looking for consumer level programs I can't say as I have used any on PC. As for Mac, I can get allong with iMove. It is capable, but annoying it you have used more pro stuff.

For the PC - Adobe Premiere or Ulead Media Studio. For the MAC - Final Cut.

That said, sometimes I'll do a quick transfer of something like a sportsday or other school event from tape to disk. If I know that it will only be played using Windows Media Player then Movie Maker 2 is very quick and easy. With that though you have to remember that the wmf compression that is used is unique to Media player so you couldn't make a DVD for more general distribution. That needs you to stay in the full AVI format until you convert to the MPeg2 DVD format - or you'll lose a lot of quality.

I use Premiere and Canopus Editor. Both are great for different reasons. I have no experience with the Mac editors.

RSdiver:
What is your favorite Video editing Software?
Thank you.
Now- Premier Pro 1.5. with the Matrox power tools. Before I used Video Explosion for a few years

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom