• My own Octo Regulator - I trust that my tank has gas and my 1st stage works

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • I rely on my buddy - It's what he/she's there for

Votes: 82 52.2%
  • CESA - Swim for the surface baby

Votes: 11 7.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Voted pony; I have one for local Lake Michigan diving.
Really, all of the above.
Traveling in warm water, all but pony.

Cheers,
W

Oxygum :)

I think you forgot one possible and most important option . . . "Prevent It".

the K

I agree with the Kraken,
It is always good to have a back up plan, But

"best defense daniel-san you no be in front of punch.
nuff said.
Eric

the only time I have ever run out of air is when I have allowed myself to run out of air.

with students I would use them (octo)

solo to 30 m cesa

tech or cave, it will never happen without catastrophic gear failure, then I would only be with someone that I would trust my everything with.

That includes not only my life, but my daughters life/future. If I wouldnt trust them to be a true godparent for my four year old daughter, I wont dive with them. That is the responsability they have when they dive with me and the responsability I have for my buddy when I dive with them in an overhead environment.

cancun mark:
the only time I have ever run out of air is when I have allowed myself to run out of air.

with students I would use them (octo)

solo to 30 m cesa

tech or cave, it will never happen without catastrophic gear failure, then I would only be with someone that I would trust my everything with.

That includes not only my life, but my daughters life/future. If I wouldnt trust them to be a true godparent for my four year old daughter, I wont dive with them. That is the responsability they have when they dive with me and the responsability I have for my buddy when I dive with them in an overhead environment.

I'm not to sure it's wise to enter into a life threatening situation WITH the person that's supposed to look after your daughter if something were to happen to you... unless I'm missunderstanding what you're saying and you're simply stating how much trust you have in said person.

Obviously: Prevent it.
Back-Up Plan: Buddy's Air - isn't that the main reason we dive with buddies?

I'm planning on buying a small pony - what do you think is an appropriate size? I'd want to be able to do a controlled ascent from 130 ft with enough for a 5 minute safety stop.. with some to spare.

Steve

With 600 dives, I have never come close to OOA. I always dive with the guy who services my regs even when I'm solo. Still I'll either carry a pony, dive with a good buddy, or stay shallow enough that a CESA is not a big problem. Usually 2 or 3 combined.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom