What kind of sharks have you seen?

What kind of sharks have you seen up close!

• NURSE

Votes: 136 74.7%
  • WHITE-TIPPED REEF, SILVERTIP REEF, GREY REEF, BLACK TIPPED REEF

Votes: 129 70.9%
  • SANDBAR SHARK/GREY NURSE/SNAGGLE TOOTH

Votes: 43 23.6%
  • LEMON SHARK

Votes: 26 14.3%
  • BULL SHARK / ZAMBEZI

Votes: 38 20.9%
  • TIGER SHARKS

Votes: 37 20.3%
  • OCEANIC WHITETIP, GREAT WHITE

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • MAKO

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • BLUE SHARKS

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • MEGAMOUTH,GOBLIN,HAMMERHEAD,THRESHER,WHALE,BASKING

Votes: 48 26.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saw a small (6-8ft) Dusky this weekend cruisin' by Bridge Span 14 off Panama City.
Rick

shark in Palau

6 Nurse sharks at one time, but I'm still looking. All of the them were in the same spot, under an overhang in an area called the Gap in the middle Keys. Also spotted a Bonnet Head snorkeling off the dock of our rental house in Marathon.:)

In January and Febuary each year just off West Palm Beach 1000's of sharks migrate. No one know just why but the migration is about two week long and includes Bulls, Tigers, black and white tips, and grey reef sharks. If you'd like to see a photo of this years migrations go to www.scubaradio.com where it has been posted for a couple of months.

On my last OW dive to get certified, I saw a horn shark up close at Catalina near Blue Caverns. It was pretty cool because that was the first shark I've ever seen

Scalloped Hammerhead, bull, leapard, horn, angel, and shovel-nosed guitarfish. All in the Sea of Cortez, or off Southern California.

Nuse (many, many)

a Dozen Bull and Black-tip reefs in the Blue Hole (was very cool). 2 4-5' came right up under us as we came up to the ledge leading down to the stalagtites.

Saw a 6' Carribean reef shake last week Memorial Day off Jupiter, FLorida's reef. It came in on our dive group, cut in and out , shot out of sight then came back only to leave again.

Back
Top Bottom