What LED flashlight for a Sealife Reefmaster Mini?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

prskate2

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am a Sealife Reemaster Mini. I do not want to spend a ton of money on a Sealife strobe, so I want to get an LED flashlight. Do you know of any good ones without to much of a hotspot? I can make a diffuser if needed. Thanks.

I am thinking more of a flashlight to use, instead of a strobe. I just really want to know what flashlight to get. Those that you have look rather small. Nice rig.. a tad on the large side...

I am thinking more of a flashlight to use, instead of a strobe. I just really want to know what flashlight to get. Those that you have look rather small. Nice rig.. a tad on the large side...
The short and simple answer is that an inexpensive flashlight will not have enough power to function as a strobe, and you will have no control over how bright the light is, while strobes you can control the flash. A strobe is one of the items you really just have to bite the bullet for and get one rather than jury rig some system which will not produce good results.

I made a piggyback holder, rubberbanded to my strobes, using Princeton Tech Attitude LED lights. They have three LED's which produce a diffuse cone of light, with no hot spot. They are not overwhelmingly bright, so exposure isn't affected.

I have pictures of the rig at Flickr:

Home brewed tray/arm - a set on Flickr

You use the lights for video or additional brightness for your strobe?

You use the lights for video or additional brightness for your strobe?
If shooting at night or under very low light, I will attach a flashlight to my strobe so there is just enough light for the camera to focus without making a hotspot. A Princeton Tec impact XL works well for this since it has a fairly diffused light.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom