What lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bvanant

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
We are going to South Australia to dive with the weedy sea dragons. I am shooting OMD-EMI Mark III and would like advice on the "best" lens to use with these guys.
thanks
Bill

half-meter animals—I’d take the 12-40 pro to ensure a respectful working distance. What a wonderful opportunity!

the ones I have seen have all been around 300mm or less. They make wonderful subjects but easy to miss as they are easily lost in the weeds. If there is a guide take them
Agree with rmorgan re 12-40 pro but last time I dived with them I was on Nikon film!!!

The 60 macro would be great for head shots and they are wonderful and interesting.

We are going to South Australia to dive with the weedy sea dragons. I am shooting OMD-EMI Mark III and would like advice on the "best" lens to use with these guys.
thanks
Bill
Bill, While you are there a dive on the islands with the seals is worthwhile. You could take a great white boat trip but the odds are odd.

Back
Top Bottom