what mouthpiece ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax scuba mouthpiece
Went from Comfo-bite to Jax and will never go back. Removes all jaw fatigue and as said above is rock solid in your mouth.

My old Aqualung Glacia came with a comfobite and I hated it. The bit that goes behind my front teeth seemed to rub against the gums behind my front teeth and caused all kinds of irritation for me. I swapped it out after a couple of seasons and found that I much prefer a mouthpiece with a longer bite.

I am currently using the "heat and mold" type (Seacure) and love it.

I suspect that mouthpieces are one of those highly personal gear choices where you might get a ton of answers, each correct for the person offering the advice. Good luck in your search!

Last edited:
Another Seacure fan. They are simply great.

I wasn't crazy about the Seacure, it just didn't fit quite right. With the OP not diving with his lower plate, I am not sure the Seacure type mouthpiece will work for him.

Seacure mouthpiece. Custom molded at home by dipping it in hot water and after it cools a bit, bite down. Look at their video on their website, seacuremouthpiece.com.

I used to use SeaCure, but the Trident R530 moldable mouthpiece is cheaper than SeaCure, doesn’t have the long bite-tabs that sometimes trigger the gag reflex, and is softer where it mates with the reg for an better hook-up.

Last edited:
+1 for comfobites, been using them for years and have one on all of my regs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom