What Muppet are you? (yup, another one of those quizzes)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Sage, that makes 2 of us :) Kermit

So sorry I missed you last weekend. Wound up not even getting wet. Hit a bad patch. Lets just say I lead an interesting life! Still looking forward to it though.

Well, it said that I'm Beaker. I'm disappointed in the test as it seem to be "The Muppet Show" rather than Muppets from "Sesame Street". Grover was always my favorite, but Cookie Monster was a close second.

-Rob

Gonzo, i have a nose big enough for that kind of role.

Rab - muppets in Sesame St??? I know they were similar in the design (were they also Jim Henson's??), but did you guys call them muppets??? I thought muppets were muppets, and the Sesame St lot were different, as were the Fraggle Rock group of puppets - just puppets.

Simbrooks,
Absolutely the characters on Sesame St. were Muppets! In fact, Kermit was the only cross-over character to the Muppet Show. It seems that you're possibly a little too young to have been weaned on Sesame St. (I've got 12 years on you!)

-Rob

We had re-runs on UK TV of all those series. I was just wondering what your take was on it - hadnt heard of the Sesame St characters being know as muppets, in fact i thought they came out around the same time - i was young and nieve back in those days :wink:

simbrooks:
Gonzo, i have a nose big enough for that kind of role.

Rab - muppets in Sesame St??? I know they were similar in the design (were they also Jim Henson's??), but did you guys call them muppets??? I thought muppets were muppets, and the Sesame St lot were different, as were the Fraggle Rock group of puppets - just puppets.

Oh, Fraggle Rock! I loved them!!!! Not too many people seem to remember it, but that was the best children's show ever (not the animated version - that was a lame wannabe, but the muppet version was great!!!) They were all muppets - to me the term refers to any Jim Henson puppet.

Oh, and btw, it appears that I too am Gonzo.

Is anyone still trading under the name of Jim Henson, carrying on his work after he died (i have no idea how long ago he died, its been a while)??

simbrooks:
Is anyone still trading under the name of Jim Henson, carrying on his work after he died (i have no idea how long ago he died, its been a while)??

Hmm...I don't know. They've had some muppets movies since then, I'm pretty sure that the last 2 that came out have been since he died. But, it's been quite some time since I've noticed anything Henson out there. Maybe with all of the new computer animation stuff they've got, the muppets have gone out of style? That would be a shame....

simbrooks:

Yes, they've continued on after Jim Henson died. His son Bryan Henson has taken the reins....I think he's done a great job.

Peace,
Cathie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom