what not to bring a backup of?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is what I would do (or I should say I am going to do) when I go on a 11 day liveaboard 300 miles offshore with nothing. I should note I won't need to "buy" any of this as I already have the gear with the exception of the dump valve/inflator valve.

Redundant computer (always dive with 2 anyway so it's part of my gear setup)
Redundant reg set (including spg gauge) this allows me to swap components if I have any hoses fail or the reg itself
2 Spare mask (always bring one on each dive anyone so it's part of my gear setup) so I really only have 1 "spare"
o rings of all shapes and sizes (for my din regs, SPG gauge, and LP hoses)
extra dump valve/inflator valve for my wing
spare batteries for a go pro and extra sd card!

I am someone who doesn't like to rely on gear that I'm not familiar with. A liveaboard is a magical opportunity to experience things and the last thing you want to do is be in a situation where you are uncomfortable with "unfamiliar" gear or have to rely on other divers or the boat/crew to compensate for your unpreparedness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom