What not to miss in new zealand/australia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just curious as to why South Australia is listed with the disclaimer (if that is your type of thing) There is more to diving in South Australia then cage diving with White Pointer Sharks. As a Canadian who is now an Australian permanent resident I have dove all across Australia, and although each state and area has it's good things and bad things, South Australia is one of myfavorite area's. Leafy Seadragon's are a certainty at many dive locations, there is plenty of shore based diving making it inexpensive, and also some great wrecks The ex-Hmas Hobart being one of them.

I dive in South Australia on a daily basis and it never seems to get boring to me. And then there is the freshwater diving in Mt. Gambier. Although special certifications are neede for many of these dives there are some that can be done without special certifications. These sights are the most accesible freshwater sites in Australia.

I could go on and on with the benefits of South Australian diving but I'll leave it at that.

yep your right, leafy seadragons are on my list of things to see but my comment of "if that is your type of thing" was meant specifically to the shark cage diving only, which im not a fan of but i wont get on my box about denying it to others that are into it.

cheers,

alright folks, thanks for all the feeback! I've finally got an itinerary:

Wellington (Victoria University): January 5th through March 11th
Sydney: February 16th through March 11th
Brisbane: March 11th through April 1st

Drew - when in Brisbane check out Go Dive for small boat dives and Big Cat Reality for a good cheap weekend liveaboard... if you go to Nth Stradebroke-look for mantas

Drew W.:
alright folks, thanks for all the feeback! I've finally got an itinerary:

Wellington (Victoria University): January 5th through March 11th
Sydney: February 16th through March 11th
Brisbane: March 11th through April 1st

Send me a PM and come along for some good shore diving 10 minutes from the centre of town, so long as the Southerly stays away..

Alison

p.s how come you are going to be in Sydney and Wellington the same time - Feb 16 - March 11? The Harbour bridge isn't thaaaat long. Assuming you are in Wellington January and early Feb you should get at least some good diving weather.

Sydney diving... dive Kurnell (shore dive) for Weddy Sea Dragons and boat dive Magic Point for Grey Nurse Sharks.

Yeah, magic point is a great spot for gray nurses, they hang out by an overhang there. If you can get up to Bundaberg from Brisbane, try and get out to Lady Elliot Island, by far the best diving I did out there (snorkeling is amazing too) it has the blowhole, the #2 dive in Oz as rated by blue planet

Retracted-not in the spirit of the direction the thread is now heading...

"ok, we keep little Johnny becaue that PM of yours is kinda scarey, you get Tassie and we get Nuie"

How about they can have the ACT!, I like Tas too much.

Back
Top Bottom