What piece of equipment has made your diving more enjoyable/easier/comfortable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No doubt my drysuit. It lets me dive year round.

I have lots of gear that I think has improved my diving experience but the best would have to be my drysuit. Like many others ^^^ it allows me to dive year round. Number 2 on the list would be my DUI weight harness to make the 26 lbs (18 with doubles) I have to wear easier to carry.

Being a semi-blind diver the one thing that got me back in was my prescription mask. It is really great not to just see really colorful blurs under water.

Mike

Definitely my Scubapro twin jets...fell on love with them immediately after the 1st dive!

Add me to the list of SeaCure Devotees... After reading this I guess I need to spring for the fin springs :wink:

Great question...

My succinct answer is www.ScubaBoard.com :D It turned my safety pauses into safety stops. It has single handedly transformed my concept of safe driving from haphazard efforts to a focused effort to increase it not only for me, but for my students.

My Force Fins, for sure.

I must also comment on the bungee straps -- they are so comfortable, and like the spring straps, so easy to use!

I highly recommend both -- and if you get Force Fins, make sure you get the bungee straps! You won't regret it!

My scooter has made my diving much more fun, easier and safer. Even though it cost a lot, it will actually sorta pay for itself over time.

How? Without the scooter, when the current is ripping while doing a deep dive, I have to work so hard to get down (even with a live drop), that I am sucking up gas like crazy for up to the first ten minutes of the dive. This can really limit my bottom time. It can also increase risk of CO2 buildup and DCS. :11:

With my scooter, I rocket to the wreck in no time and without wasting a ton of gas and energy. My heart rate stays down, and I can do a longer dive with less risk.

Just think of all the helium I am saving and how I am maximizing my boat fees. Now you have your excuse. Go get your scooters today. :wink:

I love our reel. we hook it to the anchor line, explore for 200-250 ', in whatever direction, reel in the line...we're back at the anchor.

This piece of equipment has been the one we always carry , from our "save a dive pack". The reel has saved too many dives to count!

It takes some practice to use and some knowledge ,so you don't entangle yourselves,
but wow, when you master a "good reel", you feel like you've got wings. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom