What powers ScubaBoard (techie post)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ted S

SB Co-Founder
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For the techies (and the curious users out there), I thought I’d give you a little overview of our server and its usage requirements.

ScubaBoard is currently housed on a private dedicated server from Server Matrix (ThePlanet Network). This server features a P4 2.8Ghz processor and (as of 1/19/04) 2GB ram, 80GB drive space and a 1000GB / month bandwidth limit. At present we maintain an average load of between 0.62 and 1.00 and push around 9GB/ day of bandwidth. All in all this server is full from ScubaBoard alone and uses hundreds of gigabytes of bandwidth every month.

We are constantly monitoring the server and anticipate an upgrade may be be necessary within 6 months although the additional ram we have just added may alleviate our load issues.

If you have any questions about the ScubaBoard server please post them here.

What kind of software runs the board. The other forums, deco, spear, yacht etc seem to have a similar setup.

It is at the bottom of each page (in case you want to keep up as new releases come out) but currently Scubaboard is: