what regs have moisture retention

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After having a bit of trouble with her old reg. recently, my Wife is looking for a new primary reg.
She had rented one that had the water retention device in the second stage, and she said it really worked, and it breathed better then her current one.
I thought I noticed the rental was a Sherwood, but when I looked at the reg online, that had the retention device, it didn't look the same.
I thought that it said "Platinum" second stage cover.
Are there other regs out there that have some sort of moisture retention devices that would would maybe fit the discription. The second stage was an oval shape, not your typical round reg.

diverrick:
Are there other regs out there that have some sort of moisture retention devices that would would maybe fit the discription. The second stage was an oval shape, not your typical round reg.

Apollo Regulator A-105 that has a feature of activated charcoal filter and moisturizing device. Apollo claimed the regulator adds an appropriate amount of moisture to the dry air coming from the tank to supply moist and clean air to the diver

By the way there is a pcs at e-bay now
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&item=3666764447&category=16056

Sam

diverrick:
I thought I noticed the rental was a Sherwood, but when I looked at the reg online, that had the retention device, it didn't look the same.

Yes, Sherwoods DO have moisture retention fins in their 2nd stage. The only exception to this is the Brut. If this is the reg you were looking at online, it would not have the moisture retention feature.

Hope this helps,

i have the sherwood oasis2 which is the one specifically for moisture... has two metal fins inside which are supposed to condense. Maybe thats the one you are looking for albiet its an older reg, but i think they have a newer model oasis which sounds like the one you are describeing.

a quick note magnum does not have moisture retention fins either. Blizzard (for coldwater), oasis, and maximus allhave the fins you seek. These are the only ones I am aware of.

rescuediver009:
a quick note magnum does not have moisture retention fins either. Blizzard (for coldwater), oasis, and maximus allhave the fins you seek. These are the only ones I am aware of.

You're right... I checked the Sherwood website and there is no mention of the moisture retention fins in the Magnum. Who'd a thunk it?

Thanks! :thumb:

After having a bit of trouble with her old reg. recently, my Wife is looking for a new primary reg.
She had rented one that had the water retention device in the second stage, and she said it really worked, and it breathed better then her current one.

As was mentioned the Sherwood Oasis and Maximus have moisture retention fins while the Blizzard has a heat transfer device to use the heat from your exhaled breath to warm the air nozzle. I am not sure if that will also provide moisture. The oval regulators were the previous two or three generations, They are back to round or look rounder now.

Any second stage that uses metal parts will help with dry mouth. New models include the Scubapro S600 and any Apeks (except maybe the flight). For older regulators the metal Scubapro and Aqualung regulators would also help.

The Scubapro A700 is all metal. I had problems with dry mouth and those problems went away when I got the A700.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom