What’s Wrong With My Wife??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman

Advisor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
She must be crazy. The stuff she puts up with from me and my diving.

She doesn’t dive. But she lets me pour (some might say, piss away) thousands of dollars and a good part of our time into this…what? Hobby?

There is always that pee valve hose and coupler on the window cell in the bathroom. She’s never said a word about it, but it can’t be a pleasant site.

She let me build a small room in the garage for my gear. Now it takes detailed precision to get her car into the garage without running into something, and she has to turn sideways to squeeze between the cars to get into the house.

Our vacations are planned around diving – Monterey, Cozumel… And she just sits happily on the beach. We go to be alone, but there are always divers around – people we’ve never met, but sometimes I know from the board, and some we have met before, and they go to dinner with us and talk for hours about… well, diving, of course. It’s like we’re old friends, but she doesn’t know them or have anything in common.

We’re going to San Diego this summer. At least three other divers are planing to meet us there.

A friend’s boat is sometimes stored on the side yard, blocking access to her flowers.

She’ll come home to an inflated drysuit man in the middle of the living room, while I spay him down, searching for bubbles. I know the glue stinks up the house. She never says a word.

Two or three divers come over, dragging all their stuff into the house. We tear it apart and spread it out in the living room, get out the tools and the glue and the zip ties… I’m always burning the end of something, which smokes and stinks. She comes in and offers us all coffee.

A couple of times during the frozen winter, we brought a haskel into the living room and did fills.

Speaking of stinking, drysuit underwear starts to get ripe after a while. My wife hands me some cash, which she tells me is for some Sink the Stink.

Oh. Okay. Thanks.

She does our budget every 2 weeks, and she includes a fund for my diving.

I spend hours on the phone or the internet talking about diving. The books and magazines are everywhere around the house – not just in the bathroom.

This summer we hope to bring a DIR instructor out to Spokane to do a DIRF class. Of course, he’ll stay at our house.

Now that I do deeper diving, down to 300’ sometimes, she worries about me more. She doesn’t say anything about it, but I can tell. She prays for our dives while we are underwater.

Some day I’ll get old and maybe I’ll go before she does, and all the money I’m spending now on diving won’t be there for her. She knows that day is coming, and says she prefers it this way. When that day comes, will one of you help her sell my gear on ebay?

Thanks.

What’s wrong with my wife? I’ve never done anything worthy of such unselfishness. Why in the world would she give up so much for my… hobby?

Thank you, honey. I love you so much.

Oh, and by the way. Can you look at the budget again? I could really use an O2 clean fill whip.

Maybe she thinks she is better off when you are busy? and diving is a good pasttime for you, relatively speaking? Sure beats keeping an eye on you every minute.

Women know a good thing when they see it. (at least it's not golf, women, or gambling)

She knows that day is coming, and says she prefers it this way.

maybe she knows happy memories keep couples together and cash does not.

Rick,

We all wish (or at least I do) we could meet a woman like your wife. That said, I would strongly suggest that you put your diving aside for 6 months or a year, and repay some of that deep debt you have to your wife. Take time out to do what SHE wants to do. Take that diving budget and put it into something that she will enjoy. And do it with the same smile she has for you.

You're a lucky man. Make sure she knows that you know it.

Yeah dude take some time out of diving and do some gardening :D

:popcorn:

Rick,
It is a WONDERFUL feeling to be LOVED, ain't it! Just goes to show you you found the right woman. I count myself as one of those lucky guys, behind every lucky guy is a wonderful Lady.......

ps....whats up? are looking to get a xscooter........:D

Rick,
Have you checked the balance in your life insurance account?:D

PerroneFord:
...I would strongly suggest that you put your diving aside for 6 months or a year, and repay some of that deep debt you have to your wife. Take time out to do what SHE wants to do. Take that diving budget and put it into something that she will enjoy.
{MODERATOR Options} ENTER

{DELETE POST} ENTER

:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom