What Scares You The Most?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akscuba:
That, and now I'm very scared of triggerfish. How did I not know how psycho they are? I've seen finscale triggerfish before, and they seemed very non-threatening, but perhaps that's because they're so small...

i'm not so sure of other triggerfishes but i definitely avoid them Titan Triggers. i went 20ft near one once as i didn't notice it was there (it was about 2feet long)...all i could say was OH! SH-T! :D

glad the DM was there hehehe

DMs in training scare me th most. :D

TheHobster:
1. idiots on jetskis
2. that my wife and kids will not dive with me again
3. my wife will find out exactly how much I have spent on gear
4. that I will not be able to dive
5. that I'll not reach my goal of my wife and I having carnal knowledge of each other in all 50 states -
I think yours is a great list...
Thanks
K

I took a night dive with my teenage daughter. For a brief moment I could not locate where she was. It was that same feeling of dread as when you lose a kid, perhaps ten years younger, in a crowd.

She was below and behind me, just out of my field of view. Located, I had the same old feeling of relief. That's the fatherhood instinct, I suppose.

Actually, I've never had a problem with triggerfish... I just put my finger between the trigger and barrel.... drives them crazy when they try to shoot you... But, the Clown Trigger.... That's another story...

lamont:
And the really scary thing about propellers are that the advertised mechanism for keeping them away (a dive flag) only seems to attract them...

One thing we should all do. If we all did it the boats would stay away. Simply attach a long poly propylene rope to your float and let it float free. Boaters don't care if they run down a diver but they DO care if a rope fouls their prop. If the word got out that dive float had long black poly ropes attached they'd stay well clear.

My credit card bill after mixing scubatoys.com + Heineken.

Entrapment or entaglment. I've had nightmares of what would happen if i got lost or i lost my mask in a cave or any other overhead compartment.... and I haven't even come close to cave diving.

PuyallupCoug:
Entrapment or entaglment. I've had nightmares of what would happen if i got lost or i lost my mask in a cave or any other overhead compartment.... and I haven't even come close to cave diving.

Well be rest assured...if you ever attempt cave diving, get the proper training so you'll be well prepared and you'll know exactly what to do in case something like that happend. Perhaps bring a spare mask, or just stay calm and follow your line back out.... Most situations may not be as bad as they seem as long as you stay calm and think rationally about what's taking place...

No more nightmares for you!!! Dream of Blue waters and endless reefs loaded with Trigger and Clown fish..lol..just kidding. :wink:

That Catherine and Lynn will take vacations at the same time and leave a deafening silence. OOOOOO scary! I chased (not too close) a triggerfish last year for a photo. I wish I had known it could kick my butt.

Carl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom