What scuba diving goals did you accomplish in 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2007 was really my first year of diving other than the OW class dives at the end of December 06.

- Did 50 dives
- Cold water dives at home in Seattle
- Saw a mola mola in Seattle!
- Tropical dives in MX
- Cenote dives in MX
- Got all my gear set up just how I want it
- Did 100 ft. Not such a big deal but for some reason it is memorable.
- Got BETTER at everything. A guy in my dive club said, "You have 50 dives? You dive like you have 500." That was really nice to hear. I have learned a GREAT deal from this board and my local dive buddies.

In 2008 I plan to:

- Get at least 50 dives in
- Get my AOW card because $%!# you need one for some trips even if you have the experience
- Get my nitrox cert. I've only done a couple of dives where it would have benefited me, but I ought to have it.
- Learn some new skills, eg using a lift bag to grab something and take it home.

or think about diving in Spain - closer to home, cheaper to get to, more responsibly run... call chris on 01444 474744 to find out about diving some spectacular marien aprks in southern spain.

questunderseas.com

cheers,

chris

or think about diving in Spain - closer to home, cheaper to get to, more responsibly run... call chris on 01444 474744 to find out about diving some spectacular marien aprks in southern spain.

questunderseas.com

cheers,

chris

2007 was a big year for me. At the beginning of the year I had about 30 dives and was an AOW diver. During the course of the year, I got cards for nitrox, deep, wreck, rescue, and divemaster.

During this time I did a bunch of trips, 2 to Bonaire, 1 to Panama, a couple of trips to FL and several off-shore trips in NC. After my last trip to Bonaire, I started tech training. So I am now 2 dives away from finishing Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, and I just finished Cavern and Basic Cave through the NSS-CDS. Now I'm sitting at 155 dives, I have a lot of new diving opportunities to explore and I have a BIG year planned for 2008.

Trim, propulsion, and buoyancy all improving.
I can back up!
I can reach all the valves on my doubles, although I can't hold still yet doing so.
Rescue diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom