What shop to use in Key West for snorkelers and divers on same boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just dived with Capt. Corners the last week of April. Being a new diver and having a limited experiance with dive operators I have some mixed emotions regarding their operations. I personally had a great time and diving the Vandenburg was an awsome experiance. My dive to the wreck was cut short by my buddy who happened to draw a short tank from the rack. Yes he should have checked this out before he dove, BUT as I stated we are only 30 dives into SCUBA. We also hired a guide,($70) we thought that he would be more involved with helping us and making sure that we were geared up and doing this properly. Well he did keep an eye on us and our air, but this was about it. Other than the picture package that he sold at the end of the trip. I do have to agree with the other posts that they were really causal in regards to their operation as far as handling their tanks because on our 2nd dive my buddy pulled a tank with a bad o-ring and this was met with I'll fix that later. Would I dive with them again probally. the prices were reasonable the boat was clean and the crew was very nice. The were all just a bit to laid back.
We originally booked or dive with SOUTH POINT DIVERS on Monday and received a call on Tuesday night around 6:30Pm telling us that they were not going to take us because we were the only ones on the boat. That left us scrambling because we had a very limited time to find a new dive outfit and everyone was closed by that time tuesday. Thankfully we were able to get our dive in with C.C. BEWARE OF SOUTH POINT DIVERS because I was told that they do this often.

Thanks for the review. We actually have decided to dive the Vandenberg also while we're down there. Our two friends that wil be diving with us are not very experienced. I was debating acting like Divemaster for them when we dove the Vandenberg (I'm an assistant instructor) or getting them a DM, so my boyfriend and I could go off by ourselves on the wreck. This makes me lean towards just watching out for them myself.

Looking forward to the rest of your dive report :)

Just got back from the US to the UK yesterday after two weeks of ad hoc diving due to Nekton going bust. British Airways then lost our baggage at Heathrow airport in the UK and our connecting flight to Manchester was cancelled due to the ash cloud over Europe from the Icelandic volcano!

Why do I dive?????????

I'll drop something on in a couple of days once I've caught up at home.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom