What should I look for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friggincold

Contributor
Reaction score
If you were making recommendations to someone looking for training. What would the criteria be for selecting an instructor and LDS?

I'd refer them to my old instructors. I have known them for years and I know that they are experienced and great people to learn from.

Don't look for some place that is just looking to turn out divers. Look for a place who is willing to work with people and get them the best training they can provide. Look for a place that tells the whole story about getting a c-card, and not one with a discounted price. To be honest, ask about tables, there's a shop here that doesn't even use them....saying "tables are obsolete....computers are here to stay"...to which my response was "That's nice, so what do you think about batteries...do they last forever" this was also the same guy who told me Nitrox isn't beneficial it's actually more dangerous if you're diving to depths of greater than 60 feet. To which I responded "so do your computers handle nitrox to depths greater than 60 feet?" this is the type of shop you want to stay away from.

Sorry I rambled, but you get the point

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom