What spring straps fit Mares Volo Power?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrethediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I could not find the answer so I ordered these universal Innovative Scuba straps from LP. Although 'Ask the Pro' responses on LP site seem to indicate they should fit on Mares Volo Pwr I found out they are not even close. First of all, the part that goes over the mounting post would not go over the post. Eventually I got it on but then I realized the quick release buckle did not have enough clearance to snap - somehow the post was in the way. Has anyone found steel straps that work with Mares Volo Power (other than Mares ones that cost as much as the new set of fins)? Thanks.
AQUEZRMBK.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, but the reason I posted the question here is because I am looking for a generic type spring strap solution - Innovative, Blue Reef, etc.

XS Scuba makes a set of spring straps that comes with 3 different attachment options ... one of them works with the Mares fins

Because the Mares have an "alignment" pin on the post, to use the XS springs, you will have to remove (cut/grind off) the alignment pin. Mares has release their own spring straps that are about the same price as the XS springs.

Thanks, do you mean these?
spring_straps.jpg
Yup, those are the ones....

I have a pair of the Volo's with Mares springs and they work well.

I saw them on Mares site. I think they go for $70 a pair which is over half the price of the fins...I don't really want to modify the mounting post and I've seen some posts around the SB reporting successfully mouthing Innovative/Blue Reef straps on Mares fins with no modifications.

XS scuba straps attachments look like they can work for me but I'm not sure I'm thrilled about the way the spring distributes the pressure - others use a thick rubber pad. Has anyone tried them on?

Of course another option is upgrade to the new Mares buckle system ABS+ with quick release for around $50...

My instructor uses the XS springs and it does require you to modify the post. Other than the ones that OneSpeed has recommended, I don't know of any springs other than the mares.

If you are interested in a pair, I have a pair that I am selling with the Volo fins for 75. I don't use them anymore so they are just going to waste. I only used them (the springs) on a couple of dives before I made a change to Jets. (Needed a stiffer fin than the Volo's). The fins are about a year old and the springs are about 4 months old.

I used the ABS system before the springs and I was not very pleased with them. They were a PITA.

I saw them on Mares site. I think they go for $70 a pair which is over half the price of the fins...I don't really want to modify the post and I've seen some posts around of people successfully mouthing Innovative/Blue Reef straps on Mares fins with no modifications.

XS scuba straps attachments look like they can work for me but I'm not sure I'm thrilled about the way the spring distributes the pressure - others use a thick rubber pad.

Of course another option is upgrade to the new Mares buckle system ABS+ with quick release for around $50...

Thanks. ABS system is a complete PITA, ABS+ seems to be a major improvement. I'm not sure I am that crazy about these fins to buy another set of them although I would consider buying the straps separately.

Back
Top Bottom