what strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LI Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was originally going to post a question to the effect of should I buy a Canon or the Ikelite housing for my new G9 but after seeing Sea Yoda's thread on another site I guess I'm convinced to get the Ikelite. Now my question is what strobes does everyone use with the Ike housings? Or any other for that matter. Of course a lot of people will answer Ikelite but is there a less expensive alternative without any major drawbacks? Also just how bulky are these set ups? Is it going to add much task loading compared to me diving with my camera and no strobe as I've done in the past?? Thanks guy's

What kind of shots are you taking? The YS-27DX and the YS-110 from Sea and Sea is a good choice. Also, what is your budget?

I was originally going to post a question to the effect of should I buy a Canon or the Ikelite housing for my new G9 but after seeing Sea Yoda's thread on another site I guess I'm convinced to get the Ikelite. Now my question is what strobes does everyone use with the Ike housings? Or any other for that matter. Of course a lot of people will answer Ikelite but is there a less expensive alternative without any major drawbacks? Also just how bulky are these set ups? Is it going to add much task loading compared to me diving with my camera and no strobe as I've done in the past?? Thanks guy's

go with ike strobe..not bulky at all.you would not be sorry you did.

What kind of shots are you taking? The YS-27DX and the YS-110 from Sea and Sea is a good choice. Also, what is your budget?

Thanks tim basicaly my budget is busted anyways so it's a moot point. However I'll sell the family car or something like any good addict to get my fix:D
I take medium range photo's 3'-5' distance with a normal lense,mostly here in NY. And when I get to go away to dive the usual pretty fishie and coral shots. Sometimes I'll get creative and try toward the surface shots and usually I'm not good at spotting the macro stuff but I love looking at others shots of these.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom