What stupid/silly/fun stuff does your LDS or Dive Club do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimAZ

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple weeks ago I finished my Instructor certification at Lake Mead, NV :)D ) and saw the shop (GR8DIVIN) was also having an underwater Christmas Tree decorating contest at the same time. The trees were hung with citrus slices and cranberry garlands (biodegradable string of course) and it looked like everyone was having a great time. My LDS did an underwater pumpkin carving for Halloween. What else have you heard of -Good or Bad?

Our shop runs a beach operation on the Sea of Cortez in Mexico, and we always have a Halloween party on the last weekend of October. the fun includes an underwater pumpkin carving contest that must be done with a dive knife, as well as a costume and "best decorated camp" contest.
We also hold a Christmas party each year with "Scuba Santa", who hosts a Jeopardy type of game in which the contestants win some pretty nice dive gear. There are also goody bags given to most attendees containing various dive accessories. It's the way the shop gives back to the customers for their support.

New Year's Eve dive here in NJ.

Sometimes you need to cut a hole in the thermocline!

With my Videography class i took two years ago, we took down snickers bars and cokes to eat while we were underwater...it was an interesting experince. our instructor filmed the whole thing and gave the video to us at the end of the class. it was something i had never done before.

pumpking carving contest for halloween
find tom the turkey with a compass in november
x-mass party with booze in the store
live aboard for new years
easter egg hunt(haven't made that one yet)

Let's see... [thread=194599]ISOSAD[/thread] (the International Semi-Organized ScubUNO Association of Divers) does all sorts of things. Instructions and pointers for various games are collected in the [thread=194534]ISOSAD HowTo[/thread] thread, but let's just say that UNO, Go Fish, (Quick)War, Connect Four, Yahtzee, and a great many other games can be involved.

I'm still trying to get enough people together for our first ISOSAD: AND UGLY (a gathering to play games off all sorts... underwater, of course), but whenever we actually get one scheduled, I intend to have Monopoly and *RISK* ready. (I need to get to work on the chess set, already.)

Diving for Gold! Jose' Cuervo Gold Tequila! We scatter lil bottles near the reef, like a scavenger hunt. You can trade them for things. We're going to make it each year for Labor Day weekend. WooHoo!

We've been known to sing country songs on the way out to the dive site as well. When everyday is on the Caribbean, its not hard to hum a lil tune while you work. :D

Attachments

• DSCF4968.jpg
    DSCF4968.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 96
We just has our underwater pumpkin carving contest (over $500 in prizes awarded) and an underwater "Boo trail", about 200 yards of skulls, rats, tombstones, body parts, signs, and anything else you might think of. Three dive shops got together on it and put on a pretty cool show.boo trail tombstone.jpg

Back
Top Bottom