what tanks did i get at this garage sale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are aluminum 80s. What you will need to do now is get them Hydroed and VIPed. First what I would do if I were you is drain them and look inside with a light. If they look clean and there are now visable cracks then stick your finger in and feel the threads for cracks. If it all looks and feels good take it in to get Hydroed and VIPed. You are looking at 40 and up for then Hydro and VIP. You will need a visual eddy done on the threads when you send it to Hydro to check the strenght of the threads. If it all passes you got yourself a great deal.

They are aluminum 80s. What you will need to do now is get them Hydroed and VIPed. First what I would do if I were you is drain them and look inside with a light. If they look clean and there are now visable cracks then stick your finger in and feel the threads for cracks. If it all looks and feels good take it in to get Hydroed and VIPed. You are looking at 40 and up for then Hydro and VIP. You will need a visual eddy done on the threads when you send it to Hydro to check the strenght of the threads. If it all passes you got yourself a great deal.

Please read the thread. The OP has already hydroed them. AL80s from 1991 do not require visual eddy testing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom