What the heck "stung" me????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My vote is a wasp also or possibly a comb jelly. Typically you'll see wasps at night in shallow water and they are attracted to lights, but they can be out and about in the day. Everyone has a different reaction to these types of marine injuries, how do hold up against bees, ants etc.? Think about carrying a first aid kit that will help you handle this if it ever happens again
As for the skin, forget it and move on up to a 3mil, I've seen people get stung, poked etc, right through a lycra "skin"

Would think the local doc would have known what this was, problay did just didn't feel like telling you.

Always descending,
C.h.

Aaarg; The rotten,stinki'n,low-down,low-bread,pack-runni'n,vile,evil,mean,despiteous,despitcable,conivi'n,mindless,commi-pinko,Gol-Dang-Sea Varmints- Jelly fish!! Or parts thereof, when the whole of them ain't in evidence; What have laid more low than, greater fish that deserves our respect!

I don't care much for them, but they are rather pretty--when you see them, rather a problem when you don't..

Ya definetly a sea wasp or some sort of jellyfish smushed up. Thats my guess, everyones bodies react differently to stings and it all depends on how you treat it. Some people may have it for weeks and some for days.

RICoder:
If you are diving with your testicles exposed, you probably deserve to have them stung. :D
I laughed so hard I messed up my pants!!! Thank you!! WOW!

There is a show on Discovery Channel RIGHT NOW (1:00am EST) called Killer Jellyfish...aside from the sensationalist title, its a good show on Box Jellies and the various types, what they do, how they do it, how they are invisible...blah blah...

(Marcosis...I try :))

Knight:
Would think the local doc would have known what this was, problay did just didn't feel like telling you.

Always descending,
C.h.

I didn't go the the doctor while I was in Mexico. I'm back in the Texas dessert and no one here has any idea about marine anythings.

I've been on vacation the last 5 days and it has gotten MUCH better. Still itches, but no yucky puss stuff.

Thanks for all the info. I'll put that wetsuit on next time!
Jo

Dive skin will work fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom