What the #$% is KPP?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KyPete

Registered
Reaction score
So, being new to this board I had a number of people tell (warn) me about the KPP....but, no one actually explained what it was.

So call me naive, but I'll bite...what is KPP?

Kentucky Piranha Patrol. Its a reference to the bluegill that will bite you in some of the quarries we dive in.

that I will add the reason for our existence. We promote local and regional diving for those of us in Ky, In & Oh. We don't care what agency you were certified through or what LDS you prefer to use, we just want to get together and dive locally as much as we can.

We also have dinner get togethers just to meet each other and talk about diving.

BTW welcome to the board.

we are a group of divers on the board from the local area. Of course how local is up to interperations since we have people who are in the KPP now that live in OH, IN, and KY.....ain't we diverse. :D

Chad

jbd once bubbled...
Kentucky Piranha Patrol. Its a reference to the bluegill that will bite you in some of the quarries we dive in.

There's worse places to get bit!

and I hope the only bites I get are from the local bluegill:D

Thanks for the info guys. Though I have been back in KY for two years now, the only local/regional diving I've done was two trips to the quarry in LaGrange (Falling Rock?)...and that was summer before last.

I'd definitely like to get more involved. I have kinda a crazy work schedule at times (lot of travel), but I will catch up with guys as soon as I can.

You're already one of the KPP:)

these fools have been known to dive in extreme conditions due to their nasty addiction to quarry water. They will dive just about anywhere, with just about anyone, for any reason. They are divin fools and should be considered half bent on the surface.

Speak for yourself.

Have no fear, I'm completely sane..... :wink:

Rachel

Back
Top Bottom